10/13/17

Rest Day


After making good strides in using my new gym membership this week, my body is ready for a rest day.  It is hard to take an actual rest day because I really like filling all three circles on my Apple Watch.  And, I can’t really do that without getting in a workout.  But, my body is sore and so I am really looking forward to resting my body today.

I tried three different group exercise classes this week.  I had planned to attend a forth but the instructor was sick.  On that day, I had met up with my friend Kelsey for the now-cancelled so we walked on the treadmill and chatted for a bit.  That was my second workout of the day.  I also tried out a second gym location.

This week’s classes were: Overdrive (high intensity), Chisel (weights/core), and Cardio Tai Box (kickboxing).  The class I wasn’t able to attend is called Pound and is offered once in the week.  I hear this is a fun class where you use weighted drumsticks along with music.  I’m eager to try it but I think it will be a few weeks due to the limited day/time it is offered.

I was impressed with the treadmill that I used and know they have replaced the equipment at their gyms.  So I’ll also be getting use out of my membership by using the equipment. 

But, not today.  Today I need to rest.

No comments: