10/16/17

Weekend Festivities


I had the best time this weekend filled with tons of fun!

On Saturday after work, my sister Katie dropped off Emma and Hailey and we headed to The Farmstead corn maze.  I’ve not been to The Farmstead and I had wished we had more time.  The corn maze was fun, but there was also so much more we could have done as part of our membership (FYI, $12 is ridiculous for an admission price).  My friend had a ton of fun so I suspect this will be our annual birthday event in the month of October.

 

After, we met up at my house for pizza and cupcakes.  My nieces, along with Phoenix’s two kids, spent the night.  It was a bit chaotic and made me happy to have peace and quiet later that day.

On Sunday, Kenyon, Emma, and I attended the Gowen Thunder Air Show.  There has not been an air show held at Gowen Field for at least 20 years.  This was an amazing show and I hope they will do it again sooner than another 20 years.

 
It was amazing to see the amount of military equipment the Idaho Air National Guard has.  You were able to tour inside some of the items but the lines were long (so were the food lines when lunchtime rolled around).

 

The Canadian Snowbirds were the first big show and boy did they amaze.  It was the neatest thing to see.

 


The show ended with the US Thunderbirds.  Again…amazing!  After seeing the Snowbirds though, the Thunderbirds were slightly underwhelming.  It was a fantastic show all around.

 


The shuttle service back to our car took a total of 1.5 hours.  That is a lot of people for a Sunday.  I am still glad I was able to take the day off and attend this really awesome show.

No comments: