10/12/18

My Cuckoo Clock Has Arrived

My authentic German cuckoo clock, which I purchased while in the Black Forest, has arrived. And I am 100% in love with it. I swear to you, I wait for each hour to pass so I can hear it go off!


I'm sure I shared but many years ago when I was a child, my Grandma A had a cuckoo clock that my Aunt Barb brought back from Germany. I remember the bird coming out to say hello each hour, the heavy acorns that hung on the string and the tick-tock-tick-tockwhen we would sleep over. I knew when we booked our trip to Germany that I was going to get a clock of my very own.

Now days, most of the clocks are battery run and you can even turn the sound or the bird on/off. And, it even has a sensor that turns the clock off during the night. It plays a new song every hour.  Pretty high-tech if you ask me and I hope it plays music, chirps, and dances for many years to come.





No comments: