10/16/18

Weekly WI: Perspective, Positive Mentality, and Focus


I had another gain last week, which was to be expected.  I was hoping to only gain 1 pound and thinking I’d gain 5 pounds.  I ended up gaining 2 pounds, so I’m considering that a win!  It’s WW math…trust me.

Sadly, I dipped back into the 220s but I promise, I’m not going to stay there for long!  This is only temporary and a result from my back-to-back-to-back travel, eating out, excess alcohol, and overall being out of my usual routine.  I’ve gained 3 pounds over the last 5 weeks.  This is an improvement over this time last year. Since I did my WI Saturday, I’ve got my regular meeting today. I’m hoping a little bit more has dropped off.  I’ll know soon.

I worked really hard to get down to 220 just before our New York/New England vacation.  I came home from that with a gain and for the next 9 weeks after, I continued to gain.  I was also skipping my meeting…which has a direct correlation.



Danger!!!  I hate re-losing over and over again



My goal this year is to NOT repeat the past.  It is taking me three times as long to lose my re-gain because I have to keep losing about 10 pounds.  I’m bound and determined to stay on top of this and realizing it is happening is the best first step.  I’m going to use this to motivate me to stay on track and keep focused.

One major positive is that I’m 10 pounds less right now than I was last year.  That is a victory! 





October is always a very busy month with birthday festivities, free meals, parties and alcohol.  But, as we all know, there is always something to celebrate and the weeks between Halloween to New Years are the toughest.  Anything I can do to take a step in the right direction is a win in my books.  I’m also glad I have my favorite Tuesday AM meeting members and leader.  That will be the biggest help in getting through the last of 2018.

No comments: