10/14/18

Who Says Exercise Isn't Fun??


I have said it many times…and I’ll say it again. 

I have the BEST group of friends.

Several of us have been wanting to partake in the downtown Bike Bar, which Boise has a few companies to choose from.  We finally made it real and reserved a bike through Boise Buzz Bike.  And, we had so much fun.

 


The bike holds 15 people and has several seats with pedals, several without, and a bench in the back.  The bike reservation comes with a driver, cooler, ice, and cups.  There is also lots of room to store your personal belongings around the bike.  You are able to bring your own drinks, just nothing in a glass container.  The reservation is for two hours.  You can just bike around town while you drink or you can stop at your favorite bar/restaurant.  Each seat has a cup holder so it is easy to enjoy your beverage of choice on the Bike Bar.  And, you can play your own DJ by hooking your music up to the Bluetooth speaker.  I pre-planned an 80s mix.

 


We started our tour at 5th and Bannock.  I’m not sure the exact route we took but we requested to go Hops & Bottles.  I’d never been before but it was a recommendation from Sierra and we will be back.  They have so many choices in several different coolers as well as some beers on tap.  Phoenix picked out a pumpkin beer for me and treated me for my birthday.

 


I bought a Pumpkin Spice Latte Nitro to go and enjoyed it while we rode around downtown.  Sierra suggested a stop at another bar I’d not been to, The Silly Birch.  It was also suggested we do a shot.  Sierra’s friend picked out a Purple Viking for me and also treated me for my birthday (such nice people y’all).  It was tasty!

 



But…I’m not sure I’m young enough for shots.  Or at least for mixing alcohol…Oy!

We finished our two hour bike reservation, which went way too fast.  We made our way on foot to 10 Barrel for some food and a few more drinks.


Thankfully I brought my DD Kenyon with me so he got me home safely by about 8pm.  I can’t wait to do this again and wish we could have been on the bike longer. 

Who says exercise isn’t fun??

No comments: