10/21/18

Sunday Ramblings


Good Morning!

 


I love Halloween.

My week is shaping up nicely and I’m hopeful for a decent size loss.  I balanced my free birthday lunch at Red Robin and my free birthday dinner at Tucanos and have been a Blue Dot Rock Star this week.

 


I had a sudden craving for ribs last night and asked Kenyon if we should go out to Texas Roadhouse for my free birthday sidekick of ribs or if we should eat at home and make the pork chops we had bought earlier in the week.  He said the pork chops will freeze.  Ha!  So, I pre-planned/tracked points and made call-ahead-seating reservations on my way home to pick him up.  I got home and found Kenyon napping.  Doh!  He didn’t seem like he wanted to get up and I was debating if I really needed to be spending the points and eating out again.  So, I let him sleep and I made pork chops, green beans, and garlic toast. 

I had a huge craving for fruit and needed to get a Mega Millions lottery ticket.  I ventured to Walmart near my house and paid a premium for fruit.  Oy!  I was too lazy to hunt around for better fruit prices.  Boy did it hit the spot.  There has been a lot of Halloween candy in the dispatch center this week and staying out of it has been tough.  I had a Snicker one day and yesterday counted out 10 Reeses Pieces and ate them very slowly.  I’ve looked up the points and almost all the fun size candy bars are about 4 SPV each.  That helps to keep me out of it.  I can’t rationalize spending 4 SPV on a little candy bar.  Plus, there is a fine line between a little sugar and too much sugar.  Of course that doesn’t mean I can’t put away a large amount of fruit! 

I’ve been working the 10am-8pm shift at work but I don’t seem to be getting myself up and around early enough for exercise.  Each night when I got to bed I have good intentions when I set that alarm for 6am.  Then, 6am turned into 7am and occasionally 8am!  I have no idea why I feel so tired in the mornings.  Maybe one of these days I’ll get those big girl panties on and just DO IT instead of saying I’ll do it.  I pre-planned my food today as I was packing up for work and then remembered I promised I’d bring in bagels since I had a coupon at Big Sky Bagels.  Turns out, there was already bagels from another team member but we still made do.  I tracked the half bagel and light cream cheese, which put me over my daily points, but still earns my blue dot.  That is, if I eat everything else I brought/planned. 

I’ve got one more day before WI and I also plan to earn my blue dot.

No comments: