1/9/20

Staying On Track While Traveling...Or Attempting To

Well Hello Again.  I didn’t mean to be gone for so long.  I guess that means we are having fun!

This has been a really relaxing vacation unlike our usual go-go-go busy ones.  Plans didn’t work out to meet up with family/friends except for one which is on Friday.  So, we have been on our own for the week.  Having the condo has been nice because we have been cooking breakfast each morning and even made one dinner.  The convenience has been really great and we are looking forward to this new way of travel now that we have our Sapphire Membership.

I don’t normally track while on vacation but I have been trying to make an effort.  At the start of the week, I changed my WW app settings from weight loss to healthy habits (which is the maintenance setting) and gave myself 27 daily points vs. the 16 daily points I currently get on the Purple Plan.  This was so I had more flexibility a mealtimes but also could keep myself on track with the Purple Plan. 




I have been going over my points and haven’t been earning many blue dots.  But that is okay.  It is vacation and you just can’t physically eat like you can when at home.  Plus, I don’t 100% want to, which is why I usually don’t track on vacation.

The weird part of this trip vs. other trips is that Kenyon is really trying to focus on eating low carb and I have not craved carbs more than I have this entire trip.  Ugh!  I am having a constant internal battle of “splurge” and “stay on track.”  

While most people say you shouldn’t eat at chain restaurants while on vacation, there are many chain restaurants we don’t have in Idaho.  We have enjoyed meals at Sweet Tomatoes, Boston Market, and Ruby Tuesdays.  This has helped out with tracking since it is in the WW app, and has some really great points friendly foods.  So, I’ve been making a semi-conscious effort.


We have a few days left in Arizona.  I’ll check back with my recap soon.

No comments: