1/2/20

Welcome 2020

We are on Day 2 of our Brand Spankin’ New Year!!



I can’t believe I missed checking in with you all.  Wednesday flew by and here we are on Thursday.  I’m not quite ready to head back to work tomorrow.  The good news is that it is a short work week, just two day, and then I’m off for a week of vacation.  Yippie!

I started off my New Year/Decade with one of my favorite Aaptiv workouts on the treadmill.  I’m looking forward to getting back to the gym for one of my favorite classes, Chisel with a super intense instructor.  Since it was a holiday, I wasn’t sure if the gym was going to be open so I took my opportunity to get in my workout at home before Kenyon and I had a date night at Texas Roadhouse to use up a birthday freebie.

My January Apple Watch goal is to complete 21 workouts of at least 15 minutes.  Since I have to subtract a week for vacation, although if possible I can always try to get in a workout, I don’t have many days I can use as “rest days.”  Plus, I made a goal this week to Move More and this will give me some extra motivation.  



I love that movement doesn’t have to be crazy intense and for a long time.  I usually strive for 30 minutes but I am not going to stress it and just look for movement.  I need to re-build my activity habit muscle and also add in some days of weights/intensity as I have been this last year.



There is an extra charm to be earned for closing all three of my Apple Watch Circles for an entire 7-day stretch sometime this month.  I’m all over this!  Once we return from vacation, I’ll kick it into gear and get this extra award earned as well.



My day today is really relaxed.  I am in the process of reading a book on leadership so I can write a book report as part of my work promotion.  It has been nice to sit and read while taking notes, which is what I did for several hours yesterday.  Sort of makes me feel like I’m back in college.  I have a couple of other work-related books I am required to read so I’ll be taking those with me on vacation.  I enjoy learning and so far the book that was recommended, while I didn’t think would be that great, is a nice read so far.  I love books that make you nod your head along and that you want to jot it all down because you believe in what the author is saying.

For the last 13 years of my life, I’ve been really goal focused in my weight/health journey and so I find I connect with the message more on a WW level.  I am really trying to all I can as I navigate this new position at work.  I need to start moving some of these tricks I’ve learned about a goal-driven lifestyle into my professional life too.  I’ve never been a really good goal setter but over all, when I set my mind to something, I can be a bit of a pit bull in completing the task.


Have a great Thursday.

No comments: