9/6/20

I LOVE Fall (Beers)

 My very favorite time of year is upon us…FALL!

I am so excited for the cooler temps, jeans and sweatshirts, pumpkin EVERYTHING, and most importantly, BEER.




A switch flipped a few weeks ago.  I was craving a beer and opened up one of my Summer 2020 go-to low calorie beers.  After a taste, it just wasn’t satisfying my tastebuds or the fact that I was sitting down to enjoy a beer while I watched evening TV.  I poured it out (shhhh…don’t tell anybody) and opened up a seasonal pumpkin beer I still had kicking around from last year.


Ahhhhh…..there it was.  That first sip of delicious mildly dark beer that just hit all the tastebuds in all the right places.  Yes, Fall Beer is also upon us too.


Sam Adams Oktoberfest had just hit the market when we headed for vacation but I was waiting to pick some up until we got home.  On our drive home from Lake Tahoe, we stopped into Total Wine & More where I stumbled across a new-to-me pumpkin beer.  That got me thinking that maybe I should seek out the seasonal section and bring some some beloved German/Oktoberfest beers that I can’t often find in my area.


We arrived home and I quickly started in on my purchases…mmmm….




While at the store last week, I spotted the same pumpkin beer (with is a bit too dark for my current taste liking) and right next to it, like a beacon of light, I spotted the new Sam Adams Jack-O Pumpkin Ale.  OMG.  I saw this on their website but I didn’t think I’d actually find it in my area.  I couldn’t wait to try one as soon as it was cold.




Oh yes…that is a good pumpkin beer.  




I went to a different Albertson’s thinking I might snag another 6-pack before it is all gone and instead, I found the VooDoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin which I really enjoyed last year during the Fall/Pumpkin season.  I decided to grab one of those instead and just drink on the pumpkin I already got as well as the Oktoberfest I picked up in Reno.  If I am not too careful, before I know it I have a ton of beer on hand.


Later in the month a local brewery will have their seasonal pumpkin beer available and they serve it in a brown sugar/cinnamon rim around the top of the glass.  Oh man, it is amazing.  I am really looking forward to getting out and about this Fall season and trying some German Brews at various restaurants that serve some.




Oh yes, I LOVE beer and although I am always having the internal battle of need vs. want vs. points vs. should vs. should not…I just LOVE beer too much to give it up.  Especially in the Fall season.





No comments: