9/12/14

A Busy Weekend


Here it is almost the weekend and I’m just now telling you about my busy weekend a week ago.  My weekend was crazy busy.  I had plans to meet with Phoneix for her birthday dinner and margaritas.  We met at On The Border, which I never get tired of.




I asked the waitress if the bartender could mix water and tequila for me so I could add my own sugar free mixer.  They did and I enjoyed a margarita along with Phoneix.


We ended up having a family emergency and I spent some time at the hospital.  I entertained myself and my nieces by walking up and down the stairwell.



I proceeded to pay for that the next day when my calves were killing me!  My niece cracks me up.  She was drinking on the sugary slushy Grandma got for her and I asked her if she was ready to give up the rest of her drink.  She said, “No, never” and then gave me this crazy look.  I keep laughing every time I see it.




I was able to meet up with my friend Betty Jo who was in town for the weekend.  I have known Betty Jo for eight or so years now and we have only been internet friends.  It was so nice to finally be able to meet her in person.  We had an instant connection making me wish we lived closer.


I wasn’t sure I would make it to Art in the Park this year but thankfully I was able to make it work out on Sunday.  I called up Mark and met him at Flying M for some coffee and then we wandered around downtown and through the park.





I wasn’t planning to purchase anything.  However, I also knew if the gal was there that sells purses made out of record album covers AND there was a “Partridge Family” one available that I’d be shelling out the cash for it.  After all it is the Partridge Family and it would totally be meant to be.  Turns out she wasn’t even there this year so I saved money after all.

I had Kanack Attack for lunch.  This is a coconut rice bowl with pulled Kailua pork and spicy cole slaw.  I always enjoy their food.  Mark had a vegan burger (quinoa) and fresh Russet potato fries from Boise Fry Company.  I will make it my mission to go there and eat sometime as the fries were delicious and I enjoy any type of veggie burger.  They are known for having 10 kinds of ketchup or something like that.




On our walk back towards our cars Mark asked to walk down the painted alley.  I have never even seen this before and wow I was impressed.  The artists have such talent.










We did a lot of walking Sunday.




No comments: