9/5/14

Is Your Weight On Your Driver's Licese Actually Your Real Weight?


I’ve been thinking about my weight lately.  Hey, I’m a woman.  When DON’T I think about my weight?  Since I am about to hit the year mark of being over goal (which I still owe you a blogpost) and my birthday is coming up it has me thinking about the weight on my driver’s license. 

When I was in high school my true weight was never reflected on my driver’s license.  I called it my “goal” weight and I’ll tell ya I was hardly ever close to that goal weight.  Same goes for college.  I remember once when I was renewing my driver’s license the gal at the counter confirmed the information was still correct.  “What about your weight?  You have 165?”  I said “sure” knowing full well I was 165 + another good 100 or so pounds.  She said, “we will just keep that as your goal weight.”  Boy women do think a like!

When I got to my WW goal I was SUPER excited to update my driver’s license.  Finally I could put down 175 and ACTUALLY be that weight.  I think the excitement was more for my enjoyment because that year it was a guy behind the counter.  He didn’t seem to share my excitement of being my real weight on my driver’s license.

Oh that makes me think of a funny trooper story.  I had a trooper once call into dispatch from the jail and ask for the driver license number and physicals for his female at the jail he had taken incustody.  I told him the female’s weight and the trooper said, “Wow, somebody is lying.”  Okay while that was funny it was also a bit mean.  As women we all want to reflect an outer appearance that we less than we usually do.  I guess it is just a culture thing.
 
Anyway, back to my original post.  As my birthday approaches there i a bit less excitement knowing I am no longer the same weight reflected on my driver’s license.  I don’t have to renew until 2015 so there is still hope I will get there.  At least this time my weight on my driver’s license is a true goal weight!  Regardless of what I weight in October 2015, I know I’ll accurately reflect it on my driver’s license.  Why not, it doesn’t say 304 pounds anymore.

1 comment:

Dawny said...

you are so awesome..

I too remember when I updated my weight on my drivers license.. it was AWESOME, and I also remember the day I talked about it in my weight watchers meeting, and I kid you not, that big busy meeting just about EVERY person in the room got out their license to look LOL LOL it was AWESOME
I had to giggle at your post, because when I proudly announced my weight I thought sure there should've been a ball dropping with confetti and streamers, whistles and horns, and the 'guy' (why's it always a GUY) looked at me like yah, so? your excited? because? LOL

Im proud of you for staying so positive, like thinking before you renew you will be where you want to be etc.