9/4/14

What I Ate Yesterday (Wednesday)


Good Morning.

Is anybody feeling like this is a long week?  I didn’t have an extra day off and on the flip side I volunteered for two extra 10-hour shifts this week.  That extra money better be worth it.  I’m tired this week.

I have made a switch this week to using My Fitness Pal (MFP) for my tracking.  I am feeling like I need a change.  I really like counting PPVs and that is what I’ve done for the last seven and a half years.  I am still not 100% liking this new way of tracking but I am trying to give it a good go.  I like seeing the breakdown of what types of foods I am eating and I realized right away my first day using MFP that I was eating too much sugar.

I decided I would use this week to get used to using the MFP website and app and looking up the information and portion sizes of the “free foods” I don’t usually weigh or measure.  It has been a struggle to find measurements in grams as I use my food scale all the time.  Most measurements for fruit is ½ cup and I don’t use my measuring cups.  I have had to adjust my mindset because my portion size is twice the 100 gram portion size recommended on MFP.  Eating my-size portions is what is blowing through my allowed sugar totals for the day practically by lunch time.  It is very eye opening!

Here is what I ate yesterday.

Dawny (hi Dawny) was telling me about Dave’s Killer Bread, which I have heard about but never tried.  I really love whole wheat bread with lots of seeds so it is right up my alley.  I picked up a loaf of the Power Seed and made an egg/egg white sandwich for breakfast.  I added Laughing Cow garden veggie cream cheese and some huckleberry jam.  This combo is delicious.


100 grams of Santa Claus melon on the side.  Very, very, very tiny portion.


Since I learned early in the week I was eating a lot of sugar everyday with my snack of yogurt and fruit I changed up my snacks this week.  Yesterday I had sesame seed Melba toast with Laughing Cow garden veggie cream cheese and cucumbers.  I had 100 grams of grapes along with it.


Lunch was leftover chicken fajitas from our dinner earlier in the week at Jalapenos.  I picked up a bag of shredded lettuce and turned my leftovers into a salad.  I also added an extra red pepper from home and topped it with a mix of light sour cream and salsa.

 
I was super tired when I got home from work last night so I blew off exercise in preparation of dinner and sleep.  I went to bed at 7pm and I still feel tired!  This blurry photo was my appetizer while my dinner cooked.  I had quite a bit of my calorie allotment left and the Tapecini was still in the fridge.  FYI, Kenyon tried it and really liked it so this might be something I pick up again at the market.  The info in MFP is also pretty reasonable, but again, a small portion.  I think I’m starting to see a link with my tracking and portion sizes!
Dinner was not exciting but covenant as I was tired and didn’t want to go to the grocery store.  I headed up some fish, topped it with homemade tartar sauce, and added some green beans.  Easy peasy.
 

No comments: