8/31/14

My Friday And Saturday: Not Quite As Planned


My Saturday plans didn’t go as planned.

I’ll rewind to Friday night.  After I PASSED my test for my Supervisor Academy training I was spent.  I was so glad to no longer have to study and can once again binge watch TV in my spare time.  Which really who am I kidding because I still watched way more TV instead of actually studying.  But alas, it is done and I can now collect $0.30 more per hour here soon.

Anyway, I was out running errands when Jamie called and asked about the balloon night glow that was taking place in one of our parks downtown.  The Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic was currently going on and Friday night they lit up a dozen or so balloons that are tied to the ground.  Despite feeling tired I rallied and we headed down there.  I am so glad we did.  I enjoyed my visit with Jamie and her girls are just too cute.  (They wanted to be on the blog).



The Saturday morning plan was to get up SUPER early after going to bed SUPER late and watch the morning balloon launch.  I met Kenyon at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then rushed downtown only to find out it was cancelled due to weather.  Total bummer.  I had actually planned after the balloon launch to walk around downtown and hit up the Farmer’s Market.  I would have had two hours to kill so I ended up going back home.  Unable to take a nap I headed back downtown to meet up with my friend Rebecca and walk around the Farmer’s Market.  We had lunch at Costa Vida and hit up Trader Joe’s.
The fresh tortillas are my favorite part


I got a text from Jamie as Rebecca and I were at lunch and she and her girls were planning to come to the market.  I dropped Rebecca off and bummed an ice pack so I could keep my few perishable items cool enough while I met up with Jamie.  We walked around the other part of the Market (our Market had a pissing match a few years ago and it split into two different ones).  This side has more of the produce where the other side has food, crafts, and vendors.  Kelley Orchards has my favorite dried fruit and I was happy to see this is where they relocated.  Jamie wanted to purchase a peach but they had just rung the bell to stop any further sales.  The gal at Kelley Orchards just gave her the peach.  How nice was that?  Buy fruit from them.  They are awesome!  And they have yummy dried fruit.

I love our downtown Boise area.  We stumbled across an old fire truck out for display.  Here are some photos of my day.










I bought this AMAZING homemade spread called Tapecini from the company Urban Rustic Gourmet.  It is a mix of olive tapenade and I think a roasted red pepper dip.  I had sampled this a few weeks ago and again on Saturday.  I had to get some and I am so glad I did.

No comments: