8/20/14

Pancake Mix Muffins

After making blueberry muffins last week and throwing most of them in the trash, it made me want to make one of my old go-to muffin recipes that I know is delicious.  In my early WW days I was baking frequently substituting applesauce for oil.  I found a recipe for muffins using Aunt Jemima’s whole wheat pancake mix and I made them often.  It has been a while and I can’t seem to find the recipe.  I did a Google search and found a muffin recipe on the Aunt Jemima’s website.  I was pretty sure this was the recipe.  I made the substitution of applesauce for oil and halved the recipe so only making six muffins.


I was shopping at Albertson’s at the time I was looking for the pancake mix and there wasn’t any whole wheat Aunt Jemima.  I went for Hodgson Mill.  I have tried their whole wheat/grain muffin mixes before and like them.


These muffins are SUPER easy to make.  Mix the dry in one bowl and the wet in another.


Then mix the wet ingredients into the bowl of the dry ingredients.



Spray your muffin pan, or use liners, and fill. 


Bake them for about 15 minutes.  My oven was already hot so these got a bit brown.


Cool and enjoy.  I had mine with a bit of butter and some honey.  You know I’m about to tell you they would be good with peanut butter!



Makes 6 muffins

3 PPVs per muffin


Ingredients:

1 cup whole wheat pancake mix

½ tsp ground cinnamon

1/3 cup milk (I used 1%)

8 tsp honey

1 egg white

1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce

½ tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 425

Spray a muffin tin or use liners


Directions:

  • In one bowl combine pancake mix and cinnamon
  • In another bowl combine milk, honey, egg white, applesauce, and vanilla.  Use a whisk and mix well.  Honey will settle to the bottom but it will still mix.
  • Add the wet ingredients into the bowl if dry ingredients.  Mix well.
  • Using a ladle or measuring cup distributes the mix evenly among six muffin cups.
  • Bake for 15-18 minutes until muffins are golden brown .
  • Allow to cool in pan for 2 minutes and then move wire rack and cool completely.

1 comment:

Dawny said...

oh me oh my.. yes please =-)

thanks for sharing

YUM

most interesting as I was anticipating finding a pancake recipe LMAO