8/5/14

Gluttonous


For the past few weeks I have been using the world gluttonous to describe some of my getting habits. 

Glut-ton-ous (adjective):  excessively greedy

It describes me to a T.  I have been excessively greedy with some of my food choices as of late.  It is no surprise there is a correlation as to why I can’t drop the weight I need.




One morning it was eating a pancake with peanut butter AND also ate eggs with turkey sausage.  I didn’t need both but I both sounded good.  Instead of just half a pancake I had a whole pancake.  - Gluttonous

One day it was popcorn at the movie theater shortly after I had dinner at Tucanos.  I wasn’t hungry and it was $2 popcorn day.  Gluttonous

One day it was a third slice of pizza, just because it sounded good.  Had I waited a bit I would have realized I was satisfied.  - Gluttonous

It is every time I pour just a little more frozen yogurt into my cup or add just a few more bits of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. – Gluttonous


This is a habit I need to break.  Just because something sounds good doesn’t mean I should eat it.  I’ve got to find ways to cut my food intake and resisting these urges will help.  However, not all is a lost cause.

There were a few days this last week that I didn’t give in to my desire to eat.  I have been really struggling with motivation to exercise and eat healthy.  I can’t pin-point what exactly I want to eat I just know I am seeking something that I feel food will help with.  Well it won't!  I didn’t order dessert when Kenyon wanted breakfast at Cracker Barrel and I had already eaten.  Instead, I just had coffee as I had planned.  Another time I wanted to eat out really badly but instead just went to work with my packed meal.  They ordered pizza and offered if I wanted to join them.  I stuck to my prepared enchiladas and had one of the cheesy-bites off John’s slice of pizza.

I need to clean up my eating BIG TIME!

3 comments:

Dawny said...

proud of you... Owning, Acknowledging, thinking.. deciding.. all of it, JUST the actual ACT OF being AWARE is a HUGE key to success..

Nichole Black said...

How are you feeling today? I never like using such strong words because they play into my shame storms. But I am always so inspired by your honesty and openness. Sending you big loads of "stay strong" thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Noticing that there is a problem and acknowledging what it is is a huge part of this! Good job. :)