8/3/14

The Butterfly Effect


WI this week was successful.  I lost 0.4 pounds.  Whenever you have a loss it is a win!

The scale dial faces away from me at the center in Nampa I’ve been going to these last few weeks.  I can’t get a photo but my weight was 185.0.

The meeting topic was “Small changes, Big payoff” and was a really great topic.  I read a book, well part of it as I sort of lost interest in it, called “Water With Lemons.”  The book’s theme is about making one small change.  Change is overwhelming and changing everything at once can cause you to quit.  However, one small change makes you feel so good it causes another change and the ripple effect occurs from there.  The leader this week Trish, a sub for Natalie, called it “The Butterfly Effect.”  The Butterfly Effect is a theory that a butterfly flapping its wings in one area, overtime, can cause a typhoon in another area. 

We shared examples of how one small change when you first started your WW journey has grown into something larger at another time in your journey.  Tracking is a big one.  If you start by tracking your food you become aware of what you are eating.  You will be able to reflect back on weeks that you lost so you can re-create that and also on weeks you gained so you know what to do differently.  I started tracking from the moment I joined WW and my Butterfly Effect is that I lost 130 pounds.

One small change yields big results.

Do you have the courage to take that one small change and impact your life somewhere down the road?

No comments: