8/2/14

What I Ate Today (Wednesday)

Wednesday was a day off.  An uneventful day off but here is what I ate.
I read on Kath’s blog about adding jelly to your egg sandwich.   I love egg sandwiches and adding huckleberry jam made it 10xs better!  I toasted a slice of Great Harvest Dakota bread, spread a garden vegetable Laughing Cow cream cheese, and topped with some homemade huckleberry jam (given to us at work from one of our troopers).  I cooked one egg and one egg white, slightly over medium, and ate my sandwiched open faced.
I had a plum on the side.

So far my Starbucks experimentation is hit and miss.  Only once have I had a really good one.  I’m still trying.



After meeting my friend Rebecca for a walk a beer sounded good.  I have some Shocktop in the fridge from forever ago.  Despite spending 5 PPVs on beer it was good.  Then I proceeded to take a nap.  Man I’m a light weight.


My coworker John’s wife Stephanie made him some sloppy joe tater tot casserole a few weeks ago.  It sounded good so I made my own individual portions.  The recipe made two portions.  I mixed together 8 oz 96% lean ground beef, one zucchini, one green pepper, one small can of tomato sauce, 1 Tsp brown sugar, 1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce, and some liquid smoke.  Oh and a few shakes of McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning.  I split that into two dishes and topped with one slice of cheese and 13 tater tots.  Great idea!


I’ve had some trouble with snacking on my days off.  When I’m up all night watching TV I’m a bit bored.  I’ve been trying to snack on popcorn more than other stuff.  If it is true hunger than I’ll reach for something more satisfying.  I use my Orville Redenbacher microwave popper with olive oil added in before popping.  I sprinkle on some butter seasoning after.

When I really was hungry I chopped an apple and mixed 6 oz Greek yogurt and 16 g peanut butter along with a drizzle of honey.  Hits the spot every time.  I'm addicted to "Naked And Afriad" so that is was is on the TV in the background.


No comments: