8/1/14

Back To Work

My weekend has come to an end. It is back to work tonight. Two more weeks of graveyard left. I think I can....I think I can....I think I can....

Wednesday was pretty low key. I had plans to meet my friend Rebecca for a walk after the temps cooled off and her kids were settled in for the night. I wasn't sure how long we would walk so I walked 3 miles on the treadmill at home before I met her. Our walk took us across The Bench and through Ann Morrison Park. It was a beautiful evening and we walked an hour.






By the time midnight rolled around my FitBit showed I had walked 18,000 steps. What a great way to start my WW week!



Thursday I had plans to meet my parents at Cracker Barrel for dinner. The new Nampa location had recently opened and we wanted to check it out. Plus it was Turkey Dinner Thursday, which happens to be my favorite.

The parking lot was pretty busy so I was fearful they might have run out of turkey. Sure enough, when the hostess seated us she said they had run out of turkey. Just my luck! I asked the waitress if I could still get the cornbread dressing as a side item or if they were out of that too. She went to the kitchen to ask and came back with good news. They weren't out of turkey but just running low. Since it is their featured meal of the day they stopped advertising it but turkey was still able to be ordered. Yahoooo!



Despite eating all the turkey, cranberry, and carrots and then half the mashed potatoes and cornbread dressing, I left feeling unsatisfied. I think missing out on my three or four cups of coffee might have messed with my tummy hunger signals. Since I knew my parents wouldn't let me pay I didn't order coffee. Instead, I got Dutch Bros.



Yep, I'm drinking hot coffee in 90 degree weather. I was going to see a movie and figured I could use the extra warmth once I got into the air conditioning. I saw “A Million Ways To Die In The West.” 


It was awful. I'm glad I waited until it arrived at the cheap theater but I thought about leaving in the middle of it several times. The only good part was the reference to “Back To The Future” which the young kids sitting next to me didn't seem to get. Us oldies in the theatre sure got a laugh out of it.

My sweet tooth was out of control last night. I made a few open faced s'mores by putting them under the broiler. They got a bit over-done but were still yummy.



House cleaning and TV watching finished up my weekend. I'm addicted to “Naked and Afraid” but watching too many episode is giving me bad dreams. Wednesday night I dreamed about dangerous predators all night. Eeeeeek!



No comments: