7/31/14

Tuesday Date Nite

After working two six-day stretches in a row and only having one day off between my last six-day work week and four-day work week, I am happy to have three full days off. My TiVo needs some serious attention. We are 55% full. Yikes! I know what I'll be doing the next few days. Maybe I'll watch TV on the treadmill and at least multi-task.

Kenyon and I have Tuesdays off and yesterday we had a date nite. We woke up earler than usual and headed to the allergy clinic for Kenyon to get his weekly shot. I fulfilled my daily Dutch Bros habit.




We ran some errands and along the way I had my dessert first. I have been reducing my sugar the last few days in an attempt to detox a little. I knew USwirl was having $2.99 all-you-can-fill frozen yogurt so I had planned on having some No-Sugar-Added Praline Pecan with Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. It was worth waiting for!


We had dinner at Tucanos. I love Tucanos, despite the high price tag for dinner. We usually go once a month but it has been a while since we have been there. Okay only like two months probably. Maybe even a month and a half. Anyway, it is delicious.



Tucano's is a Brazilian grille also known as Churrasco. They have a full salad bar, a hot bar with various items, a cold bar with various items, bread rolls, and fried plantains.



Then the meat servers bring around various meats on skewers that you can have as much as you want. The meat comes around on a rotation so if you liked something and want it again they will bring it around again. They also serve roasted pineapple and veggies on skewers as well as some fish, beef, and pork options that aren't on skewers.



It is one of my favorite places to visit. I have been enough times that I know what meats I like and only eat those. I also rarely have any of the hot or cold bar items but I love their fresh salad bar. I also love the bread rolls that have balls of cheese inside. Warm and super yummy.  When you have had your fill and no longer want any meat service just turn your table topper to red and they will skip your table.


Save room for dessert, which we rarely do but have tried several of their desserts.



If you have a Tucano's in your area and want to try it out for a reduced cost, go online and sign up for their birthday club. You get a free meal during the month of your birthday. That is a value of up to $25 in some cities.

I've never tried any of their drinks but they also offer a full bar menu and Brazilian lemonades, with free refills. I hear they are very good.

After dinner we saw “Lucy.” It was weird. I don't recommend it!  And yes, despite just having recently had dinner, movie popcorn was consumed. It calls to me and I have trouble resisting.



**All photos of Tucano's I stole from the internet. I didn't really want to take photos as I was too focused with stuffing my face!**


1 comment:

Dawny said...

OH EM GEE.. this place looks FANTABULOUS.. Im jealous lol