7/30/14

What I Ate Today (Sunday)

On Sunday Kenyon and I got up earlier than normal to attend Family Day at his work.  Micron is Boise’s big tech company that manufactures computer chips.  Kenyon works in a secure clean room so I have never been to work for a visit.  It was a lot of fun.  After Family Day we headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.

Breakfast

Cracker Barrel is one of our go-to spots for breakfast and we frequent there often.  I got the multigrain granola pancakes so I could replenish my stash in the freezer.  I took home all three pancakes to eat at a later time.  The pancakes are served with two eggs, over-medium, and your choice of meat, turkey sausage.  I ate one egg and cut around the other yolk eating the egg white on the second egg and both turkey sausage patties.  I also ate Kenyon’s grits with some jelly added.  The pancakes come with banana.  Coffee served on the side.






Lunch

When I got to work I warmed up some leftover baked beans and added them to some warmed up roasted potatoes cooked with olive oil.  I also added in some sour cream.



Dinner

Earlier in the week I cooked a crockpot full of chicken to shred for an enchilada recipe.  I had 4 ounces and added some green beans on the side.  I was pretty low on veggies today.


Snack

6 ounces Greek yogurt with a chopped up nectarine.



I have not yet given up my iced coffee habit.  On Sunday I bought some decaf espresso beans.  I’m going to try and make my favorite Starbucks iced coffee at home.  It never tastes the same but I’m hoping this will cut down on my frequency of stopping at the coffee shop.



I am making a good effort this week to keep my chocolate/sugar dessert consumption to a minimum and so far I’m doing well.  My plan is to have some froyo with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup this week.  I am sure feeling the urge for sugar though.

No comments: