7/8/14

To The Range We Go

Our second day off together was pretty uneventful. We had thought about making a trip to Jackpot, NV. The plan would have been to just drive down, play a bit of blackjack, and then drive back all in the same night. It was sort of an “if we wanted to” type trip. Well, we didn't really want to. Instead we went to the gun range.



I don't shoot. When I am at the gun range with Kenyon my job is walking out/back to place the targets and clean up shell casings. I entertain myself by taking selfies and watching movies on my iPad.



I was starving by the time we headed back for home. I had forgotten to pack a snack and wasn't really hungry when we left the house. I had just been to Costco and picked up some talapia burgers. This was a demo a few weeks back and they were delicious. I decided to serve my burger just as they did on a thin bun with a slice of cheese on top. I made a tartar sauce out of Greek yogurt and also added some lettuce. These burgers are 3 PPVs and have 22 grams of protein. I am not a big fan of fish. I don't like my fish to taste like fish and I prefer mine to be breaded and in the form of a stick. These are very mild and very yummy. I am glad I splurged as they were still almost $14 for the bag.


You will be seeing fish sandwiches on my meal plan a few times this coming week.



I watched “The Bachelorette” and did some light cleaning. Since we had talked ourselves out of eating out Sunday after the movie and again after our time at the range I told Kenyon I would buy him Denny's if he wanted to go with me. I have been craving corn chips. Denny's has a $2/$4/$6/$8 menu and for $4 you get two chicken tacos and corn chips. 



I deconstruct mine and make a taco salad then scoop it up with the corn chips. Delicious!




We shared an order of six plain pancake puppies for dessert. I dipped mine in honey.



Every time we go to Denny's late at night it feels like there are such odd dining patrons there. I asked Kenyon if the other patrons also think we are odd? We were seated in a booth between two sets of college-aged kids. I bet they wondered what these two old people were doing up so late.


Back at home for more TV watching. I didn't feel like exercising so I didn't. As you can see not much excitement for days off. As soon as I publish this blog I am going to Edmark for an oil change (oooohhhh....aaaahhhh).

No comments: