7/3/14

Lots And Lots 'O TV

I watch A LOT of TV.  I suppose my TV watching increased once I got my first digital video recorder.  Sure back in the Stone Age I used to set a VHS tape to record a show I wanted to see and wasn’t going to be home for.  However, it became really covenant once the digital recorder made it effortless.  If for some reason I was to miss a show I really wanted to see you can usually find it online.  Ah….technology.

Once we got our treadmill it made exercising indoors twice as fun because I could watch my TV and be active.  You could call it the best of both worlds.  Now that I can stream my TV shows on my iPad I could take it with me to the Y if I wanted to while I work out on the elliptical.

I laugh when we discuss TV watching and our eating habits in our WW meetings.  I have so much TV to watch that if I didn’t sit down to eat in front of the TV I wouldn’t get my shows watched!  Every morning after I get myself ready for work, fix my meals, and make my breakfast I look forward to my 20 minutes of TV time before I hit the road.  It is what works for me.

We bought a new flat screen TV.  Yeah!!!!  I feel like I’m really upscale now.
 
 

While this doesn’t improve my TV watching per se, it is nice to have finally gotten rid of our huge box style TV.  I feel like our living room has so much more space now.

I hope you are ready because I’m going to fill you in on just how much TV I watch!  I am lucky to have regular season shows and off-season shows.  So I’m not watching ALL of these at once.  But it is still a hefty load.  Here is what I am watching currently.  These are just my off-season shows:

Switched at Birth – while cheesy at times I do like this show.  Sometimes I think I might stop watching and then it sucks me back in.

Rizzoli & Isles – Love this show.  I’m a big fan of crime shows.

Perception - Good cast of characters.  I love how they use the main character’s schizophrenia within the storyline.
 

Mistresses – Love this new show.  It is only on the second season.  I wasn’t sure I would like the new avenue it has gone but I am still anxious to watch as soon as it records.
 

Motive – Another crime drama favorite.  This show shows you who the killer and the victim are at the start of the show then connects all the aspects as the detectives work through the case.
 

Celebrity Wife Swap – I love anything celebrity.  The first time this show aired there were high named celebrities but now it is just so-so.
 

Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition – I don’t often record this show anymore.  I love the inspiration and I really love the new avenue they have gone in this new season.  I’ll often catch up online if I have extra time (which you can see isn’t often with ALL this TV).

 

Here is my other list.  These are shows that usually show during the regular TV season and some that come/go:
 
The Bachelor, Bachelorette & soon to be Bachelor inParadise – This is one reality TV I will always watch. I am a sucker for the drama despite saying I’ll quit watching. I am happy lately the few couples have stuck together. Perhaps the producers are finding better quality people with less drama? Doubt it but still fun to watch. It always amazes me how such pretty people still can’t find love. It just goes to show that looks aren’t everything. I also think a requirement for being on the show is for women to submit a photo in a bikini and men in swim trunks. That is how you make good TV, or so it seems.



 

Last Comic Standing – I think LCS has only been on a total of three or four times but I enjoy watching it when it airs.
 

Amazing Race & AR All Stars – I started watching AR about season three or four.  While it does get repetitive I do enjoy watching each season.
 

Celebrity Appetence & CA All Stars – See comment above but loving all things celebrity.
 

Project Runway, PR All Stars & PR Under The Gunn – My friend Mark introduced me to the world of PR.  I have been watching for several seasons.  I have learned so much about fashion and actually recognize designer’s names.
 

Chicago Fire – Love this show and its counterpart, Chicago PD.
 

 

Chicago PD – This is a spin off from Chicago Fire.  I love how the two shows will often have same characters appearing.  It is just good TV!
 
 

Law & Order SVU – This is the only L&O show I watch of the many out there.  I am an Olivia Benson fan and will watch until she eventually leaves the show.
 

Parenthood – This is just a feel good show.  Great cast of characters.
 

Grey’s Anatomy – I’ve been a faithful watcher since the first show.  Despite Shonda Rhimes shake things up from season to season.
 

 

I recently started watching:

Mystery Millionaire – This is just pure fun.  I found this show on the WE channel and it is quite fun.  You take a millionaire looking for real love and pull him/her out of their usual environment to see if they can find somebody to love them and not just their money.  It is a good show but lying is involved so that can always get sketchy.  Rich people aren’t good at lying.
 

Marriage Boot Camp: Celebrity Style – Another entertaining show.  Trista and Ryan from The Bachelorette are on this show.  I like seeing how the counselors work with the couples.
 

Chasing Life – I am only about three shows in and already I enjoy this show.  It is about a gal that has been recently diagnosed with cancer just as her life is taking off.
The Little Couple - I don’t regularity watch this show but after Jennifer’s diagnosis with cancer I started watching the most recent season.  Such a fun show and those kids are so darn cute!




Whew.  I bet you are wondering how I have time to do anything else?

No comments: