7/9/14

Edge Of Tomorrow

The first part of our final day off together was devoted to individual errands. I needed to get my oil changed and do some blood work at the lab. Once finished I joined up with Kenyon at home and we went to Sizzler for dinner. They are having their steak and salad bar promotion where you get both for $9.99. Pretend there is a photo of steak and broccoli. I seemed to have forgotten to snap a photo.


Two tiny ice cream cones are always better than one.



Sticking with the theme of great deals, two of our local movie theaters offer $5 movies on Tuesdays. We went and see “Edge of Tomorrow” with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt. My friend Mark described this movie as “Goundhog Day with ailens.” It was a pretty good movie as I am not a big fan of Tom Cruise.


I enjoyed the movie and I thought there was a pretty big crowd for $5 movie night. Regal Cinemas also offers $2 hot dogs and $3 nachos on Tuesdays. Since I am a Regal Club Member my Regal Card gets me a $2 small popcorn on Tuesdays (it used to be free and than $1 and now $2). We had just eaten and I didn't want to spend the PPVs on popcorn today so I let Kenyon have it all to himself. He drenched it in butter (yuck!) and so I wasn't tempted. The popcorn sure smelled good though.

When we got home from the movie popcorn sounded yummy so I popped some with my olive oil and added butter seasoning powder. It was good.


The remainder of our night/morning was spent watching TV and some kitchen experimenting. I'm still trying to work out a recipe for Heather's book. I really want to be in it but I'm struggling with finding the right recipe. This cookie was yummy so it is a serious contender.




Well, it's back to reality and back to work. Enjoying three days off with Kenyon means I now roll into a six day work week. It is worth it. I enjoyed spending time together and it was nice having somebody home with me.

No comments: