7/28/14

Positive Support

Support is so important in any weight loss and maintenance journey.  I get asked often what I feel helps make weight loss successful.   Hands down it is having a great support system.  My Weight Watcher meetings, members, and leaders provide the majority of that support for me.  What I love best about meetings is that you are never alone.  This is a particular group of men and women who understand what I am going through.  When I am having a bad day because I gained at the scale I can guarantee somebody else is too.  If I am feeling guilty about an over indulgence somebody else might be beating themselves up over theirs.  We are all connected with one common goal: we can’t do it alone.

I attended a Thursday night meeting last week with a leader I am very familiar with.  Natalie, much like me, has been at several meetings in my area.  She is a member, a leader, and a receptionist.   I have been lucky to know her for several years.  She is also a FB friend and part of my FB WW Buddies Group.  It was so great to see her.  I also saw a few other members I knew.  One is a leader on Monday night and one is a teacher at the school where my Mom works.  All of these women provided me with support on Thursday night just by talking with me on how things were going.

Support can come from many different places but it needs to be POSITIVE support.  Negative Nelly’s are the quickest way to zap your positive mojo.  Weight loss is hard.  Maintenance can be difficult.  Having positive support that lifts your spirits is so important. 

 

Spouses, children, significant others, family members, friends, coworkers, walking buddies, running clubs, WW members…make sure somebody positive is in your corner. 
 

Seek out those that want to see you succeed.  There will come a time that the road gets bleak and the trip feels like it is taking forever.  You need that support to keep you going.  You need that support to remind you that you are worth it and you will succeed. 
If you are the support system for another person I want to thank you.  You may not realize how important you are in a person’s life.  I know they appreciate it.  I appreciate all my wonderful support.  I am truly greatful.
 
 

1 comment:

Dawny said...

your a very supportive support system yourself Lindsay, not just with/thru this blog, but in life, on the weight watchers message boards, on face-book, in my email inbox, in my voice mail box, in my real mail box, on my phone, and soon to be at the airport =-)

Your the BEST and I sooo appreciate you and cannot imagine you to have a 'Hater' anywhere around