7/23/14

What I Ate Yesterday (Monday)

I documented my food on Monday so you guys could get an idea of how I try to balance a high PPV meal with the rest of my day.  On Saturday at work we had discussed my want of ordering pizza from Flying Pie.  They have a Hawaiian-version that has smoked Gouda and it is my very favorite.  It also happens to be a coworker’s favorite.  So pizza was being planned for Monday!

When I have a high PPV meal, it is tempting to try to have super low PPV foods the rest of the day.  However, I have also learned that being super hungry isn’t a good thing.  I did manage to keep my PPVs low the rest of my day. However, I was STARVING by the time pizza was served. So, clearly this wasn’t the best method. I’d rather be satisfied and use extra PPVs then starve all day to try and keep my food all within my DPA.

 
 
 
Breakfast

In all honestly, my breakfast should have been more substantial.  After eating eggs for several days in a row I decided a pancake sounded good.  I toasted up ½ of a Cracker Barrel Multigrain Granola Pancake (which I keep in the freezer after a trip to Cracker Barrel and re-heat when I want one).  I chopped up an apple and sautéed it in coconut oil, 2 tsp brown sugar, and cinnamon.  I topped my pancake with 8 g peanut butter and honey and then spread my apples on top.





Snack

Breakfast should have been substantial if I was eating a few hours before work/pizza.  However, I got up earlier than usual and went for a 3 mile walk after eating my pancake.  Naturally, I was starving and knew I needed something to hold me over as pizza was still several hours away.   Before I left the house I had 6 oz Greek yogurt with chopped up grapes and a few mini plums.




Lunch

Pizza took longer to order than anticipated.  I should have seen that one coming.  By the time I got back to work from picking up the pizza I was again starving.  The pizza totally hit the spot!  I had two slices of Samoan from Flying Pie Pizza and brought a salad from home.  I added some ranch from the pizza place.

 


I “shoulda” stopped there.  I really would have been satisfied had I just waited a bit.  My taste buds didn’t feel satisfied but I know my stomach would have been.  I decided to use up the remainder of my WPPA and have another slice.  It was once slice too many but as always, good pizza.

 

Dinner

I packed more leftover shredded chicken, 3 oz (my meals this week have been so boring) and some added BBQ sauce.  On the side I had a can of green beans (read: extra boring).  I forgot to snap a photo.  Trust me, it wasn’t exciting.  I also had four Hershey kisses.

Early Morning Meal

We got super busy at work so I didn’t eat my final meal/snack until I was headed home.  I finished up the container of cottage cheese, about 200 grams, by putting it over a cut up nectarine and adding a Stevia packet.
 

My plan had not included three pieces of pizza.  No regrets though.  Some days you just want three slices of pizza.

No comments: