5/12/14

Feeling The Shoulda'


Good Morning!!!  Happy Monday to you.  It is my Friday so I get to enjoy my weekend after a few more hours of work.  I can’t wait.  We have sunshine in the forecast.
I had a really enjoyable Mother’s Day celebration with my Mom and my Grandma at my grandparent’s house.  I finally got a more updated photo of me and Mom.  The one I posted yesterday is several years old.  Mom is becoming quite good at taking selfies but I do wish I had photos of the outtakes.

I’m feeling a bit of the shoulda’ today.  You know that feeling when you shoulda’ eat better.  Or you shoulda’ exercised.  I hate feeling like I should have done something better than what I actually did.  Obviously that type of feeling has a negative vibe attached to it.
I knew ahead of time we would be meeting at my grandparent’s house for dinner.  I also knew we would be having lasagna, salad, bread, and pie.  I only have 10 WPPA left so I was working my day around planning ahead for dinner.  I didn’t quite leave myself some DPA for wine so I had decided ahead of time to only go for a small pour if I had any.
I also planned ahead and made some of my favorite strawberry jello for “dessert”.  I love pie but I knew I could save PPVs by not having any.  It is store bought Marie Calendar pie and it is often served as dessert when we have dinner at my Mom’s house.  I didn’t feel I was going to miss out on much.
I arrived hungry and snacked on grapes while we waited for dinner.  I also had two small pours of wine.  I spotted a delicious looking cake my Grandma had made and knew I would probably want a small slice.  I went in with the plan to eat a little bit of lasagna and a lot of salad.  Since I knew I would now want a little bit of cake I didn’t have any bread.   
This was my first plate.  There was lasagna and a chicken pasta dish.  My second plate was just more salad.  It was filling and delicious.
I had a small bit of cake with some of my strawberry jello.  That shoulda’ been enough.  However, it was so yummy I went back for a little more.  (The first plate is a dinner size plate and the second plate is a dessert size plate.)


I did a big no-no and I actually took two slices home.  Plus, I ate another tiny slice when I was preparing my to-go container.  I really shoulda’ passed on the extra slice.
Before I really knew it my last 10 WPPA were gone and the few APs I’ve earned this week.  It was really good cake.  But I didn’t need that much of it.  I let my taste buds rule my head and enjoyed more than I shoulda’.  I also had a bit of that too-much-sugar feeling in the back of my throat so I knew I really didn’t need that much cake.
I suspect after I do my WI tomorrow I’ll throw the cake I brought home away.  By today I realize that it was good cake but I enjoyed what I ate yesterday and I don’t need to eat anymore.  Plus, I have clearly shown I can’t control myself with just one small piece.  The best thing to do will be to just throw it away (or hope Kenyon eats it before I get home from work today)
On top of all this, I didn’t exercise yesterday.  I shoulda’ gotten up at 3:30am and gotten on the treadmill but I talked myself out of it when the alarm went off.  I went for a mile walk around the track here at work with a coworker but I shoulda’ done more.
Lots of shoulda’ showed up in my day yesterday.  It is always a learning experience of what I can do differently next time.

No comments: