5/7/14

Weekly WI And Trying To Stay The Course


I was pretty sure I would show a gain this week, despite feeling like I navigated my vacation/out-of-town-trip really well.  I was determined not to let that over shadow my week but I did partake in some sloppy eating the last couple of days.

Over the last 14 weeks while I have had success in losing when I stay really focused.  I had three gains and one week where I skipped the scale.  These last two weeks have not been focused.  When that happens I allow a very bad habit to work itself into my WW program.  Lately when I have used all WPPA early in the week if I am being really honest with my tracking then I will try really hard to just stick to my DPA and not use my APs or go into the negative.  Some weeks I have still dipped into my APs but the weeks I don’t go into the negative I can ensure I’ll see a loss.  When this bad habit weasels its way into my WW week I throw caution to the wind and just keep eating, despite being out of PPVs.  This only makes me go WAAAAAY over my PPVs and further into the negative.

Obviously in a perfect world I would be able to stick to my DPA and WPPA, eat clean, and lose weight.  But I don’t live in a perfect world.  Travel can also make it difficult to stick close to your DPA as eating out just cost more PPVs.  Feeling all out of whack two weeks ago didn’t help the situation either.

I’m not being myself up.  I am just vowing to work harder on this.  I don’t have any travel scheduled until later in June (a last minute Salt Lake City opportunity just came up).  I am going to stay really focused so I can get the scale to come back down.  I am still down 5 pounds from when I started making a big effort to lose weight after our Hawaiian vacation 14 weeks ago.  Despite two gains in a row I am still making progress.
 
Actual weigh 184.2


I only gained 0.6 pounds from last week.  The week before I had a larger gain so I am now up a total of 2.8 pounds from my last WI at WW.  It was hard to see such a large gain over two weeks.  However, I made the choices to eat whatever I felt like two weeks ago so I have to take ownership for that gain.  Skipping the scale is only doing injustice to me. 

I really want to break out of the 180s.  I was so close two weeks ago.  I still have the desire to get back to my goal weight and to have my pants (and soon shorts I hope) fitting better.  I need to find that drive for losing weight that I did several weeks ago.  It is really easy to lose motivation.

No comments: