5/4/14

Two State Saturday

Morning!

My Saturday started in Washington, continued into Idaho, and then finished back in Washington. It was a two state Saturday.

Dawny has introduced me to a new way of eating breakfast in a hotel setting. In return I have taught her how to eat out and spend more PPVs for better tasting and more satisfying food choices. It has been a win-win vacation. Dawny is a veggie lover to the 10th degree. She was a bit worried about having food to eat at the hotel breakfast so she brought her cut up veggies from home. Boy was I glad she did. Dawny taught me how to microwave veggies and then add cut up boiled eggs and egg whites to create a larger meal. I also added one of the egg patties they had available.
I have been eyeing the waffles since we arrived so today I had one mini waffle with some peanut butter. I cut up an orange on the side. Delicious!
We headed to Dawny's Weight Watcher meeting. This is the first time I have ever attending a WW meeting outside my area. I really liked being a visitor. I heard comments such as, "I wish she lived closer." That made me feel well (and reaffirmed I'm awesome). Dawny's leader is very generous with the awards and gave me another 16 week Stay And Succeed charm. Dawny got her 32nd charm for her 512th week!!!!!
We had a bit of time to kill until lunch so we walked the mall. Then...PIZZA! Dawny has been working really hard with me to live life and enjoy food again. We decided on Round Table pizza. Here is proof that Dawny actually ate REAL pizza.
And she enjoyed it! So did I.
Our entertainment was seeing the new movie "The Other Woman". Oh my gosh! I have never laughed so hard. It was fantastic. I can't wait to take my friends when it comes to the cheap seats. We then headed east to Idaho. I took Dawny to Coeur d Alene so she could see our North dispatch center. It was great showing her what I do for 40+ hours a week.

Back to Washington and dinner at Mongolain BBQ completed our evening. We also stopped at Safeway for some chocolate cake and McDonalds soft serve. It totally hit the spot!
I can't believe my vacation is about finished. Today we are walking the Bloomsday 12K. I'll report back. We are hoping the rain will stay at bay but it isn't looking promising.

No comments: