5/2/14

All Day Travel

Good morning from Spokane, WA!!!
It was a long day of travel and a lot of driving between Boise and Spokane. When I got within 8 miles of town there was a crash with lane blockage. Talk about bad luck! Eventually I found the hotel, and met Dawny. We are having lots of fun so far.
I started my morning with a delicious breakfast. I had a left over pancake from our Cracker Barrel breakfast on Tusday. It was a pecan pancake. I added a smear of sunflower butter, some honey, and then sautéed some apples in coconut oil and brown sugar. It was epic!
My pancake fuled me through two miles on the treadmill. Being in the car for about 8 hours today made for little time to exercise elsewhere.
I loaded up my car, picked up one of my very best friends (Dutch Bros), and headed out of town.
I packed a cooler of water and a snack of strawberries and yogurt. I forgot to snap a photo until I was already almost done.
Despite getting a bit lost in Pendelton, the GPS helped me find some lunch. I had the Cobb salad at Quizno's with fat free basalmic vinaigrette on the side.
Back on the road and another detour getting myself a little lost between Kennewick and Pasco. This time I blame the GPS!
I get really bored easy on road trips and I was craving sweets big time. I was pretty much in the middle of nowhere but when I came across a gas station I took it as a sign I needed to stop. I purchase some sweet tarts and gum. I only eat the purple and orange sweet tarts. It was quits the coincidence that the serving size is 8 pieces and there was exactly 8 pieces total between the two colors I like. I call that fate!
I finally made it to town! After dinner at Mongoloa BBQ we a just relaxing in the hotel for the night. More to come.

No comments: