5/24/14

My Deep Thoughts


Sometimes I wish I had an excuse to eat whatever I wanted without worry or freight of the scale.

A few weeks ago Kenyon and I walked to On The Border for dinner.  I love their tortilla chips A LOT and ordered a side of black beans to enjoy along with tortilla chips and queso dip.  That was it for my dinner.  I told Kenyon that if I was gluten-free I would totally use that as an excuse to eat tortilla chips all the time.  And I totally would!

I often have these thoughts.  What if I didn’t have to worry about my weight?  What if I could eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted?  I already know the answer to these questions.  I’d be 304 pounds again, unhealthy, unhappy, and struggling with high cholesterol.

But, knowing all of these things doesn’t make me stop wishing I could have a smorgasbord of delicious food in front of me.  I’m sure that is why I go so crazy on vacation.  I don’t keep all those temptations in my house on a daily basis and vacation is my time to break away from the foods I eat at home every day.

I also know that I could go out right now and eat a bunch of high-calorie-fat-sugar-carb-foods and then feel miserable afterwards.  Eating crap really does make you feel like crap. 

I do love my healthy lifestyle but I also miss some of the foods that I used to eat.  Often it falls under the category of “not worth the PPVs” and so I shy away from it.  Other times I plan accordingly and have whatever food I am wanting.  I like that I have the choice on what I eat and that I can balance it out with the other food I eat during the week.

I also love that I can look forward to upcoming vacations (Europe) with yummy food splurges as well!

 

1 comment:

irishshammrocks said...

THIS!! This is ALL TRUE!!!!!!!