5/30/14

Yummy Food


Good Morning to you all. I'll try and keep my food post brief this week. I didn't take as many photos of my food. If you are bored with my food post just skip over this. I'll be back tomorrow with some more enjoyable content.

Breakfasts:

The last of my thin bagels made up another yummy bagel sandwich. I have four bagels left in the freezer for another time. I made this one into an open faced sandwich so I had twice the food! Serve with cut up watermelon on the side.







Eggs with frozen potatoes and an orange. I had iced coffee with my breakfast this day.



Lunches:

I tired a delicious veggie patty at a graduation BBQ a few weeks ago and went in search for them at Costco. These are 4 PPV each and cook up nice and crispy. This was my staple this week for meals and snacks.



My WW leader Donna talked about her go-to salad. She doesn't like plain lettuce so instead she chops up veggies as her “salad”. She add beans and other protein and her salad dressing mixed with olive oil. I decided to try it out this week. It was a nice shake up. The first day I tried it I realized there is much more crunch. It sort of grew on me the next couple of times I had my veggie salad. I'm also getting more of a variety of veggies this way vs. plan lettuce. At the start of the week I chopped up 4 kinds of peppers, two cucumbers, baby carrots and celery. Each day I added kidney beans and twice I added shredded chicken breast. It was really great. I also added olive oil to my salad dressing. It makes me feel like I have twice the dressing and I am getting in my healthy oils more days than before. If you are reading this....Thanks Donna!






I bought an Amazon Social deal to a new deli in town called Pot Belly Deli. For $16 I purchased a five sandwich punch pass. I decided to redeem my first sandwich one day last week at work. I went for a turkey and ham with swiss. I wasn't as impressed as I had hoped to be. I have four other sandwiches to try though and many on the menu items look tasty. This time I went for the roll but next time I'll go for whole wheat bread. I only ate half the bread and added my meat and cheese to my half sandwich. I brought veggies and dip from home to go along with it.




Dinners:

At the start of each week I've been cooking up a large batch of chicken in the crockpot and then shredding for easy meals. I got this idea from Shay's blog Mix and Match Momma. I also found a frozen roast in the freezer so I also cooked that up in the crockpot. This made for easy meals when adding corn on the cob, broccoli, and green beans. Three veggies in one meal. Kenyon makes fun of me for this.




This and That:

My coworkers suggested a Memorial Day BBQ at work. I'll be honest, I was already thinking a BBQ sounded good. However, I had been working very hard at weight loss this week and I just couldn't rationalize a BBQ the day before WI. I also had met my girlfriends for happy hour at On The Border on Sunday and had date night plans with Kenyon on Tuesday. I stuck to my meal plan and enjoyed some jello salad I brought as my contribution. I was happy with my decision.



I picked up some chopped fruit at Albertson's at the start of the week. Both watermelon and pineapple were consumed.



Iced coffee from home a few days last week. I love my new mugs.



Happy Hour at On The Border with my friends. Danielle was laughing after taking my photo because of the photo-bomb guy behind me. Hahahaha. We had an awesome bartender/server and when I asked for just tequila and water so I could add my own sugar-free margarita mixer he brought it out in the fishbowl size glass just like my friends ordered. I felt like I was having a real margarita with half the PPVs.






Date night chocolate cake. Every week should end with chocolate cake.


No comments: