5/21/14

Only

I “only” lost 0.4 pounds this week.

Actual weight was 160

I never use the word “only” when it comes to weight loss. Any type of weight loss is good if you have worked hard at it. It can be a bit dishearting to not see your hard work reflected accurately on the scale.


The reason I use “only” for yesterday's WI is because when I stepped on the scale at home that morning I was down about 1.2 pounds. By the time I got to my meeting I was “only” down 0.4 pounds. So I was a bit bummed. However, I didn't really gain 0.8 pounds in the few hours from waking up, eating a some yogurt with strawberries, drinking some coffee and water, and showering and dressing for my meeting. So, I didn't “only” lose 0.4 pounds but it just felt that way for this WI.

And this too shall pass.

I didn't let my “only” stop me from having a healthy food day yesterday including our dinner out with Kenyon's coworker at Tucanos. I stopped by Dutch Bros before my meeting and got my usual Americano and also a small Dutch Freeze (basically delicious yumminess in a cup) with some added white chocolate sauce as a treat. I stopped by home and mixed the two together before going to my meeting. I then re-froze the other half of the Dutch Freeze for another treat day. It was so yummy. This concoction was 5 PPVs so I considered this my dessert for the day and made a pact with myself to not have any other dessert yesterday. I was low on WPPA and knew I would be spending a good amount of PPVs at Tucanos. No need to go crazy overboard with dessert on top of all that.


I had a nice big salad for lunch. I was a bit hungry when we ran errands before dinner but we had enough time to come back home so I made some egg salad for a snack. That held me over nicely until dinnertime. I had plenty of yummy meats at Tucanos as well as a trip to the salad bar. I left the restaurant pleasantly satisfied. Several people were ordering dessert to take home but we didn't. On our way home we needed to stop by Albertson's for eggs and Kenyon wanted something for dessert. I politely declined.

It feels really good to be successful.


Onto a new week.

No comments: