5/22/14

Ramped Up Activity


Good Thursday Morning.  It is alllllmost the weekend for some of you.  Those of us that work shiftwork, not so much.  BUT it is double time and a half on Monday so I’m not complaining!

I had a really great week with my activity.  My goal was to ramp it up and I did just that.  My FitBit totals were pretty normal but my APs were slightly under my goal of 20.

FitBit totals: 68,507 steps and 31.43 miles.  Total of 17 APs earned.

 

Wednesday: Water Aerobics at YMCA and lawn mowing
I changed it up last week and attended a morning water aerobics class.  I really liked the instructor and felt she worked us harder than when I attended a few months ago.  It is really hard to focus though for a full hour and I tend to watch the clock.  My HRM isn’t working properly so I just counted 3 APs, which is what I earned the last time I took the class.  Later I mowed the lawn for 2 more APs.  Total of 5 APs earned.


Thursday: 4 mile outside walk at Settler’s Park
I decided to shake up my routine as I have been pretty bored lately.  After my overtime shift I drive to a nearby park to walk the loop around it.  It doesn’t take long for the miles to add up and I had water with me in the car and a bathroom if needed.  It was a pretty perfect set up.  It was also had a nice change of scenery.  6 APs earned.
 


 
Friday: 2 miles at 3:30am on the treadmill
I had a show to watch, season finale of Grey’s Anatomy, so I decided to hit the treadmill.  2 APs earned.


Saturday: Planned rest day
I had decided to use today as a rest day.  I also dressed up for my shift at work as I had a BBQ to attend later in the afternoon.  I could have brought my tennis shoes and tried to get out for a walk during work.  Instead I rested (and partied).


Sunday: Unplanned rest day
Since Saturday was my planned rest day this day I had planned to get out for a walk at work.  I was working a 12 hour shift (6am-6pm) and since Saturday was such late night I planned to just walk the track at work.  It was super busy and there was no opportunity to break away.  So, an unplanned rest day developed.


Monday: 2 miles at 3:30am on the treadmill
I had another season finale to watch, The Amazing Race, so I was on the treadmill this morning.  2 APs earned.


Tuesday: 2 mile walk outside
I had thought I would get in a four mile walk and try to round out my APs to 20 but the best I had in me was 2 miles.  I headed outside for a walk around the neighborhood after my WW meeting.  2 APs earned.


No comments: