5/13/14

On Track Food Last Week


I had a really great week food-wise.  I blew through a good amount of WPPAs at the Wine, Women & Shoes event.  I also finished up my WPPAs (unplanned) at our Mother’s Day dinner on Sunday.

Overall, a good week and I am happy with my food.

I always start out my week with oatmeal and I was really looking forward to oatmeal when I got home from Spokane.  I usually have oatmeal the start of my work week.  You’ve seen this several times before.


I finished up the last of a pecan pancake from Cracker Barrel.  We went to CB a few weeks ago and I tucked my leftover pancake in the freezer.  It toasted up nicely.  I topped with some sunflower butter and sautéed an apple in coconut oil with brown sugar and cinnamon.  It was a really great breakfast.



Food, wine, and dessert at the Wine, Women, & Shoes event.



I prepped and took my lunch to work this week.  It wasn’t anything spectacular but it felt good to be in control again.  I packed a salad with deli turkey, a WW string cheese, and light ranch.  I also topped it with pineapple.  My snack was watermelon and cottage cheese.  I packed this same lunch and snack two days in a row.



I made a few new recipes this week.  This was chicken enchiladas from Mix and Match Momma.  I followed the recipe pretty close but I used green enchilada sauce instead of green salsa.  I was hoping these would have tasted better.  I’m not sure what it was missing but it sort of lacked flavor.  I also am not a huge fan of frozen spinach so next time I might consider fresh.


I had a snack one day of sunflower butter and strawberries on a tortilla.  It sounded better than it tasted.


Taco salad for dinner one night and leftovers for lunch one day.  Chopped peppers, olives, cheese, taco meat, and beans.  I topped it with a mix of sour cream and salsa.


I had my other usual breakfast of potatoes cooked in olive oil with peppers and chicken sausages.  Then topped with an egg over medium.  I had Dawny grapefruit on the side.





My other new recipe this week was Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Meatloaf that Nichole posted on our WW Facebook page.  I changed it up a bit using cooked shredded chicken breast instead of ground chicken.  I made a bit crockpot batch earlier in the week for the enchiladas.


I have been eating a lot of fruit this week.  Part of it was to curb my sweet tooth and part was because it was on hand and accessible.  Dawny  gave me a case of fruit when I was in Spokane and it is delicious.  I also bought some cut up watermelon and pineapple and later in the week some grapes and strawberries.  I love fresh fruit!

No comments: