5/9/14

Wine, Women, & Shoes

Good Morning!
Boy do I have some fun to share with you about last night.  Since I wake up at 4am for my workdays I am typically in bed by 8pm as I need my beauty rest.  Last night I didn’t get to bed until after 10:30pm and it was totally worth it.
My friend Danielle invited me to attend the first annual Boise Wine, Women, & Shoes event held at the Stuckle Sky Center.  Danielle (my drinking partner in crime) asked me last March if I would like to attend this event with her.  She told me she was trying to think of somebody that liked dressing up, drinking wine, and drooling over cute shoes.  It turns out I like all of those things and so I was her date to this amazing event.
 


The Boise Wine, Women, & Shoes event was raising money for The Idaho Youth Ranch.  We were told to wear white cocktail attire and our sassiest shoes.  This was a sold out event and while I had my doubts there would be a lot of white attire I was surprised as to how many women came in all white.

We were greeted as we stepped off the elevator and told to put our name on a wine glass.


We were given a schedule of events and all the sponsor information as well as a number for the live auction.




We had about an hour and a half to mingle, drink wine, eat food, and visit with retail and wine vendors throughout until the live auction, fashion show, and presentations began.


Danielle got her tickets for free as her company sponsored food.  This was a really yummy cheese display.  Thanks Selway!




There were several “Shoe Guys” carrying trays around with shoes or other retail items.  It enhanced the mood of the evening and the women were going crazy over the Shoe Guys.


I was down the wire deciding on what I was going to wear.  I didn’t feel my dresses at home had enough white in them.  I actually found a white dress with black on it at Kohl’s on clearance yesterday afternoon.  I was all set to wear it but in all honesty, white is not a very forgiving color.  I felt like you could see my undergarment underneath my dress.  I decided to go with one of my dresses on hand and my black Dansko shoes.  Once we got to the event and saw how many women were wearing white I guess I could have worn the dress after all.  They seemed to not worry about the white color choice.  Seeing how others dressed up the white attire with accessories and shoes made it all twice as fun though.

There was lot of eats with various appetizer stations, some bread and spreads, cheese and crackers, a meat carving station, and fruit with a beautiful shoe ice sculpture.









The desserts were the highlight of the evening.  I made sure to have a bite of each dessert.  The cupcakes were amazing!






The view from The Stuckle Sky Center is stunning.  I have been once before but it was in the evening.  It was really nice to be at the center early enough to take some photos.  The Stuckle Sky Center was built onto the existing football stadium to include some indoor viewing areas as well as the large banquet room we were in.  I wish we had gotten there early enough to snag a table by the window.  I just elbowed my way in for some photos.



There was lot of fun wine décor that just made the whole evening very festive.

I had lots of good eats and even more wine.  There is some turkey under that fruit.  I also had more turkey before going wild at the dessert table.





Most of all I had TONS of fun!  Danielle is a hoot and we talked to with several women in attendance.  I uttered the words, “cute shoes”, “cute bag”, “cute dress”, and “cute glasses” several times during the evening.  I’m like 10x more friendly when I’ve been drinking wine.




Being at an all women event (well mostly all women) meant the men’s room was turned into a ladies room.  SWEET!  You know I HAD to go in and take some photos.  They don’t have as many stalls as we do but the bathroom is quite spacious.




Danielle and I attempted to take some selfies while we were waiting for the live auction and fashion show to start.  We weren’t having much luck but we sure were having fun.

 




Finally a gal behind us asked if we wanted her to take our photo.  Much better.



The event ran late into the evening but the incentive for staying until the end was swag bags.  We were also given a rose.



This was an AMZING event and we were spoiled rotten.  I have still yet to go through my swag bag.  If you ever have the opportunity to attend a Wine, Women, & Shoes event in your area you really must try and go.  What an exciting evening.

No comments: