5/17/14

Do You Have A Health Savings Account?


There is always a quote shared at the end of our WW meeting.  I really liked this quote.

Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.
 
                           ~Anne Wilson Schaef

If you think about how important a money savings account is you quickly realize how important a health savings account would be.  I’m not talking about your flexible spending account offered through your employer.  I’m talking about building up good health to last you a lifetime.

I try to put any extra overtime money into my money savings account and I really like to see the balance build.  After all that money is extra travel money.  However, I have had to dip into my savings account from time to time and lately I’ve really been dipping into it a lot because I seem to like to overspend!
 
 

Much like my money savings account I have built up a really great health savings account.

·        I no longer take cholesterol medication

·        I can walk several miles and even run if my life depended on it

·        I only visit the doctor for my annual check up

·        I can get up off the ground with ease

·        I can buckle the seatbelt on the plane and not spill over in the seat

·        I can cross my legs again

·        I don’t worry if my seasonal clothes will fit from year to year


If I was to think long and hard I am sure there are many more things I’ve added to my health savings account through the years.  I have many tools also put away to help me when I get stuck or frustrated.  I rely on these tools just like I rely on my money savings account to bail me out on occasion.

One of our meeting members brought up how much less she spends towards her medical deductable now that she doesn’t have to go to the doctor as much.  That is a huge win in my book!

Are you building your health savings account?

1 comment:

S. Galloway said...

That is really a good way to look at it!