5/3/14

Downtown Spokane

I hope your Saturday is off to a good start. I'm a little confused on what day it is as I'm used to working on the weekends.

Yesterday morning we started our day with breakfast at our hotel. Sadly, my phone was in the room charging so I didn't take photos. But I have photos to share with you tomorrow. Unfortuntally I went really light on breakfast as we had plans for a deli stop for lunch and I just didn't eat enough. A short time later I needed a granola bar and peanut butter to tide me over.

The plan yesterday was to head to Downtown Spokane. We parked and walked around. We totaled seven miles by the time we got back to the hotel room. Love me some activity!

Yesterday was "Drink One For Dane" day at Dutch Bros. Dutch Bros was founded by two brothers from Oregon, Dane and Travis. Dane was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) in 2007 and passed away in 2009. All proceeds from all 221 Dutch Bros locations went to the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation. Dawny and I drank two each in support of Dane and ALS/MDA.
We were both starving for lunch so we headed to High Nooner. I bought a Groupon for two sandwiches, two sides, and two drinks. We shared two different kinds of sandwiches so we could try them both. One was a turkey, stuffing, and cranberry on a hogie roll and the other was a turkey, pepper, onion, and BBQ sauce on a hogie roll.
The first one was good but the second was not. The bread was soggy and it was super spicy. We also shred some chips and a big pickle. They gave us cookies but we passed on those. We wanted to wait and see what our other options we.

We headed out on foot to the Spokane Convention Center to pick up our race numbers for Bloomsday and to check out the Expo. They have metals for purchase and the best part of a race is the metal. ($17 entry fee and $15 metal). As it turns out, I don't even have to walk the race tomorrow as I have already won my metal.

Okay, it doesn't quite work that way. Plus I want those steps 12K will get me tomorrow!

Spokane is celebrating 40 years of the anniverary of the 1974 Worlds Fair, Expo '74. They have a gondola ride over the falls. It was beautiful. I couldn't stop taking photos.
We then jumped on the tour train through the park for a 35 minute ride and commentary of Spokane and the Worlds Fair. It was really fun and nice to relax a bit.
We did more exploring on foot and I got to see so much of this beautiful city.
As we headed back to my car we stopped by Froyo Earth for a rest and a treat. It was so refreshing after such a warm beautiful day. I also met one of Dawny's millions of WW friends.
We had decided earlier in the day that we would hunt down some Skinny Girl margarita and spend the evening at the hotel taking advantage of the hot tub (yes, the two should not go together). We had to go to three stores but we finally found some. Party in Lindsay and Dawny's room!!
Are you sure that is coffee??
We stopped at Red Robin before going back to the hotel to get our drink on. I had my usual lettuce wrapped chicken patty with a side salad. I forgot to take a photo. Once at the hotel we had one of their complimentary warm chocolate cookies for dessert.

The LaQuinta Inn and Suites are taking such good care of us this weekend!

No comments: