5/23/14

Last Week's Eats


I had some yummy eats last week!

I met Phoenix for lunch on Wednesday at Idaho Pizza Company.  I had planned to just order a mini pizza so I wasn’t tempted by the buffet.  Phe offered to pay and the cost to have the pizza I wanted as a mini would be more money.  That wouldn’t have been an issue with me but I didn’t want my friend to have to pay more.  Since it was a new WW week and I was feeling energized after my three weeks of gains, I stuck to two slices of the pizza I would have gotten as a mini.  The Hells Canyon is a favorite of Kenyon and I.  It is white blue cheese sauce with buffalo chicken and some sort of Italian seasoning on top.  Delicious.  I had two trips to the salad bar to fill up on zero PPV veggies.
 


One day I needed a snack and had some leftover kidney beans in the fridge.  So I just ate them plain.  Weird but it worked.


After buying some thin bagels and Laughing Cow cream cheese I had some pretty tasty bagel egg breakfast sandwiches this week. 



I made some sloppy joes from Mix and Match Momma’s recipe.  They were really good and it was a nice change from our usual meals.  I reduced the sugar and also added in chopped bell pepper and liquid smoke.


The sloppy joes provided leftovers for two other lunch meals.  I used my Sun Chips to dip the joe up.  I took my lunch outside last Friday and enjoyed the warm weather.


I tried Mix and Match Momma’s Cumin Crusted Chicken for dinner one night.  I decided to skip the cheese and salsa but found it quite dry.  Maybe I shouldn’t skip that next time?  I liked the change of using corn meal vs. breadcrumbs. 


Left over Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Meatloaf.  These were better as leftovers and I think I’ll make more this week.


After running errands I treated myself to some NSA frozen yogurt with fruit topping.  This time of year is iffy on whether or not the fruit is fresh.  I hate the texture of thawed frozen fruit.


New salad dressing finds.  I got these at Rosauer’s in an attempt to mix up my boring salads.  They are all delicious.  The Pear Gorgonzola and Thai Peanut are 1 PPV and the Greek is 2 PPV.  This is for a 2 Tbs serving size.  I have also started this week adding 1 tsp of olive oil with my dressing on my salad.  It makes it feel like I have a better dressed salad.  I have a White Balsamic Vinegar to try too.



We had fish for dinner one night with broccoli on the side.  These are my favorite Gorton’s fish and come in two varieties.  It is 5 PPVs per filet.

 

I packed my lunch for work, as usual, and packed in the power foods!  Yogurt with strawberries and salad with sliced deli turkey and cut up bell pepper.  I tried the new Greek dressing on it.


BBQ eats on Saturday.





 

Today was my two egg morning.  I really like these bagel sandwiches and it is a nice change from my usual morning meals.




More leftover sloppy joes and some yogurt and strawberries for my morning snack at work.


Kenyon and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner late in my week.  My DPA was pretty low and I was trying really hard to conserve my WPPAs.  I looked up the PPVs on the WW app and found the grilled chicken tenderloins to be 1 PPV each.  I ordered the tenderloins (4 PPV) with green beans (1 PPV) and cooked cabbage (2 PPV).  I added one extra 1 PPV for the BBQ sauce on the side.



Coffee run at work one day.  Yummmm…..


No comments: