5/8/14

Surge In Activity Last Week


I had a huge improvement in my activity this week vs. the last few weeks.  I will admit that walking a 12K sure helped those weekly totals.

Total steps: 87,664 and 33.98 miles walked last week.  I also earned 27 APs.

Wednesday: 4 mile walk
I was freighting a bit on my upcoming 12K last week since I had not logged many miles and none walked outside.  I wanted to at least get one walk outside before I headed out of town so I skipped my 3:30am treadmill walk on Wednesday morning and instead forced a walk outside after work.  It worked out well as I needed to get some lettuce for our taco salad dinner.  I walked to/from the store for 4 miles roundtrip.  6 APs earned.


Thursday: 2 miles on the treadmill
I wanted to get in some APs as I knew I’d be in the car all day driving to Spokane.  I had my breakfast first then just enough time to get in 2 miles on the treadmill.  I think having breakfast before my workout allowed me burn more calories.  I earned an extra AP that normal.  3 APs earned.


Friday: Walking around Spokane for a total of 7 miles
Dawny and I did a lot of walking around Spokane on Friday.  No formal activity but I counted 6 APs for all our walking.



Saturday: No Activity
Today was a rest day in anticipation of the 12K on Sunday.  We did some general walking around but nothing major.


Lots of walking for Bloomsday.  It was a good AP day.  I couldn’t get my HRM to lock onto my heart rate so I didn’t have any actual AP calculations that way.  I counted 8 APs for my day. 




Monday: Rest Day/Drive home
Even if I wasn’t in a car for seven hours driving home I would have needed a rest day.  My legs were sore.


Tuesday: 4 miles walk to dinner
I had planned to rest today too and even went for a post race massage.  However, Kenyon mentioned going to On The Border and walking to/from.  It is 4 miles round trip.  So we logged some APs.  4 APs earned.

We saw a Momma protecting her nest.  I wished her Happy Mother's Day


No comments: