5/26/14

Treading Water

Lately I feel like I am treading water.

I lost 8 pounds in 12 weeks.  Then I gained 5 pounds in three weeks.  My goal weight feels like it is further and further away.  I take a few steps forward and few steps back.  Normally this would be maintenance.  I know that because I maintained my weight fairly easily for the first five years.  These last few months have felt like a doozy.

It is hard to stay motivated, focused, and it can feel very frustrating at times.  The newness for losing weight I felt in January after we came back from Hawaii has faded.  Last week was the 16th week since I kicked it into gear and put all my efforts into losing.  No wonder WW used to give away a 16-week Stay And Succeed charm.  It is hard to keep going if after 16 weeks you aren't feeling very successful. 

I do know I’ve been successful.

In 16 weeks I have KEPT OFF 3.4 pounds.  Regardless of my forward and backward movement I am not the same weight as I was upon our return from Hawaii and I am not HIGHER than that weight either.

So not all hope it lost.



But it is fading.

Despite meal planning but not grocery shopping last week I am feeling successful of my food week.  I ditched my actual food plan and have sort of been “winging it” with foods we have on hand at home.  I bought some fresh veggies and cut up fruit but that is all.  I have mostly packed my food for work and eaten at home.  There have been a couple of meals out, which have also been successful.

My activity this week has been successful and I am on track for, hopefully, getting my usual 20 APs.  Perhaps that is also something I need to see about ramping up?

Lately I feel as though I have to eat salads all the time if I want to lose weight.  I was sort of veggie-d out a few days ago.  We will see what my WI shows this week at my Tuesday meeting.  I am hopeful for a loss but always fearful of a gain.

 
The scale does not define me.  It is just a tool…one of many…that aids me in my weight loss.  I have been toying with not doing a WI for a month to perhaps see a larger loss and maybe trick myself into feeling more successful.  However, I know I need the scale for accountability.  No firm decisions yet.

Why can’t this just be easy?
 
 

No comments: