5/14/14

Three Weeks - Three Gains

Actual weight was 186.4
I gained 2.2 pounds this week making this the third week in a row that I have gained. ((Sigh))

I was really happy with my food last week. I ate at home, prepared my meals, and took my lunch and snack to work. I'm just going to chalk this up to a fluke and move forward.

I was super low on activity, more on that in a later blog post, so I do need to ramp that up this week. Also my fruit intake was quite excessive last week. Dawny gave me a case of fruit and having it at my disposal makes it really easy to eat. I love fruit.

I got a jumpstart on my activity by walking to my WW meeting. I live 0.6 miles from my WW center. However, our main roadway has been under construction for several months. I had an alternate route that was 1.6 miles and now that road is under construction.


I live in an area where you can only get in/out of my neighborhood by going north, south, or west. There is no way out to the east. This morning my route took me west first to then turn back east. I ended up walking 2.4 miles to get to my WW meeting. Sheesh! This construction is an advantage as I have to walk further but a disadvantage that I have to walk farther. I made a loop and walked a total of 4.8 miles roundtrip yesterday morning. Despite the extra weight I've been carrying I can still averaged 15 minute miles.

When I got home from my meeting yesterday Kenyon suggested walking to On The Border for lunch. If I had known this was an option I might have skipped walking to my meeting. However, we headed out on foot for the 4 mile roundtrip adventure. We ran errands later in the day that took us to several stores. My legs were sore when we got home later that evening. I had walked 26,000 steps and 12 miles total. This was the end of my WW week so I actually earned the most APs on the last day of my week. Today my APs start at zero again. I better get on top of that!

No comments: