7/27/14

What I Ate Today (Friday)


I’m sorry my blog is so late today!  I woke up early to go out to Micron for Family Day and see where Kenyon worked.  It was a lot of fun seeing the clean room areas and visiting his cubicle.  Now I’m at work!

I started my work week off on the right foot with activity and healthy food.  I used quite a bit of WPPA on Wednesday and Thursday so I needed to scale it back a bit.  I ended up coming in right at my 30 DPA.  I’m also going to work on eating less sugar this week.  Having just a few Hershey Kisses after a meal can feel like a “dessert” but doing that each day really adds up.  Plus I had a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and also some frozen yogurt with Reese’s just in the last few days.  So I’m trying to chew gum and maybe even have some fruit as my dessert.

Meal One
After having eggs most of last week today I had oatmeal.  This was my usual mix of 20 g oats, 20 g oat bran & flax hot cereal, and 1 Tbs chia seeds.  I cook my oatmeal on the stove.  I start with a chopped up apple and 1 ¼ cup water.  When it comes to a boil I add in my oats and chia and also some cinnamon.  After it is done cooking I add 1 tsp brown sugar and stevia packet.  I then top it with 16 g peanut butter and a drizzle of honey.  I’ve also been adding a dollop of coconut oil.  Oatmeal is also really good with cottage cheese mixed in at the end of cooking.  It provides a little more protein.





Just For Fun
I should cut down on my daily iced coffee habit.  It is costing a bit more than usual as Starbucks costs more than Dutch Bros and I have been going to both lately.  It just never tastes as good made from home although I do drink iced coffee from home.




Meal Two
My first meal at work was a cut up chicken patty on top of some chopped up hearts of romaine.  I dressed it with 32 g Greek dressing.  I get the chicken patties at Costco and this variety has kale and quinoa.




Meal Three
My second meal at work was a tilapia burger but instead of serving it on a thin bun I served it on Great Harvest bread.  I topped my fish burger with cheese and also added some homemade Greek yogurt tartar sauce and romaine lettuce.  I had carrots on the side dipped in a mix of 32 g light sour cream and ranch dip mix.  I also had some grapes.  This helped get me over my chocolate rush.  I also chewed some gum to help.  Sorry, forgot to take a photo

If you have a Costco card you MUST look for these tilapia burgers.  I don’t like fish that tastes fishy and these don’t.  They are so mild and delicious.  I cook mine on the stove in some olive oil and then re-heat in the toaster oven at work.  It sort of crisps it up a bit too. 

Meal Four
My last meal at work as 6 oz Greek yogurt, a cut up nectarine, and a Stevia packet.  I am sort of peeved because I paid $2.99 a pound for nectarines at Rosauers and they were mostly just mush.  Grrrrr.  I found some for $0.98 a pound at Walmart that looked fairly decent.  I often don’t get my produce at Walmart.  It isn’t that great.

I went for a walk when I got off work at 6am and was hungry before bed.  I had ½ of a Cracker Barrel pancake with some peanut butter and honey.  This never gets old.


1 comment:

Dawny said...

your food is lovely and awesome, and im soooo thankful that you share it with us =-)

for one, to see what living at/in/with maintenance possibilities are..
for two, portions etc. for those of us who become very distorted with this,
and three, well just so I can live vicariously.. =-)