7/21/14

What I Ate Today (Saturday)

Saturday was a workday.  Here is what a basic workday looks like as far as food goes.


Breakfast

This day I had my usual breakfast of 95g frozen potatoes cooked in 2 tsp olive oil and seasoned with Red Robin seasoning.  I added one bell pepper, chopped, and 2 oz turkey smoked sausage, chopped, once the potatoes look cooked.  I topped it all with one egg and one egg white, cooked over medium.  I had grapes on the side along with my homemade iced coffee.



First Meal At Work

Depending on when I eat my first meal at home, I usually pack two main meals and one small snack for the end of my shift.  Today I had a tilapia burger cooked in olive oil and topped with a slice of cheese.  I served my burger on a thin bun and added some homemade tartar sauce and some lettuce.  I had some carrots on the side dipped in 33 g of light sour cream and ranch dip seasoning.  Since I had just been to Albertson’s and purchased some grapes I had green grapes on the side for dessert.  I forgot to snap my photo until after I started eating.


Second Meal At Work

I cooked three chicken breasts in the crockpot and shredded it for easy eats.  I had 4 oz shredded chicken, 90 g frozen corn, and ½ a can of green beans.  I replenished our chocolate stash at work and had four Hershey kisses for dessert.  





One of our patrol sergeants surprised us in dispatch with McDonald's sundaes.  It was pretty neat because he came in with plain ice cream in cups and then toppings on the side each in a different cup (strawberry, caramel, and chocolate).  While I had not planned this into my day, that is what I have WPPAs for.  About 8 out of 10 times I say “no thank you” to offers for food or sweets.  Today I said “thanks” and added some caramel to mine.



Third Meal At Work

My last meal of the day is usually Greek yogurt.  On this day I chopped up a granny smith apple, added 6 oz non-fat Greek yogurt, one Stevia packet, 16ish g peanut butter, and a drizzle of honey.  I came up with this creation as sort of an easy way to have apples dipped in a mix of Greek yogurt and peanut butter.  Since my apple will turn brown before I eat them I just chop them and mix it all together.  Everything is better with peanut butter.
I had to get this picture from my archives.  Ignore the candied pecans on top.


Drinks

I drink a lot of water and usually one or two diet pops in a day.  The only PPVs that my fluids generate is the half and half in my coffee.  I had half and half in my ice coffee at home and also in my Starbucks.  With the cooler temps I’m all about iced coffee.  I could drink it all day long.  I try to keep my half and half to a minimum but asking for “just a little” doesn’t always work.  None the less, iced coffee is delicious. 



No comments: