7/26/14

S'mores Snack Mix


I was reading one of my daily blogs and found a link to some amazing chocolate recipes.  One that caught my eye was S’mores Snack Mix.  I decided to make this for my coworkers.

Here is the actual recipe.  I didn’t do any measuring. 



I lined my cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread out a single layer of Golden Grahams.  I fired up the Velata to melt my choclate and put in a mix of milk and dark chocolate.  When it was completely melted I drizzled the chocolate over the Golden Grahams spreading as evenly as I could.  I wanted to make sure the mini marshmallows would stick.  Finally I topped it all with mini marshmallows.



I didn’t quite feel the chocolate was set when I headed to bed so I wrapped it tightly with wrap and waited until I woke up later.  The chocolate was set so I carefully broke it into pieces and put it into an air tight container.



The verdict?  I wasn’t super impressed.  I am not a fan of marshmallows and I would prefer mine toasted.  Next time I think I’ll try toasting the marshmallows ontop of the Golden Grahams first and then spreading the chocolate on top.  It would taste more s’mores-like.  However, it was a bit hit with my coworkers so that was great.

Since I wasn’t a huge fan of it, it was easier to resist.  I do plan to try this again though.  Maybe I’ll just make a single serving and measure all my ingredients out.  I’ll let you know.

No comments: