7/19/14

What I Ate Today (Thursday)

I am going to start a new way of blogging about my food. Instead of a week's worth of most of the food I eat, I'm going to break it down into one day. That will allow me to share more of what I eat in a single day and also not feel so overwhelmed with taking food photos. This week I have forgotten to take photos several times. I really wanted to document a full day for you so I made sure to take photos of my food on Thursday. I also want to show you days off vs work days and how I eat differently.

Last Thursday I was off work. Usually I sleep until 3pm or so but today I was up earlier than normal. I had gone to bed earlier than normal and I wanted to purchase tickets for the Dirks Bently concert that had gone on sale at 10am.

I prepped some overnight oats for the day before and ended up eating eggs instead. So Thursday morning I had the overnight oats for breakfast. This mixture is 20 g oats, 6 oz non-fat Greek yogurt, 1 Tbs chia seeds, and cinnamon. I also added some water to give it some extra moisture. I made my oats in a left over peanut butter jar. It is always a bit difficult to estimate the amount of peanut butter left. After sitting in the fridge over night I sautéed a chopped apple in coconut oil, 1 tsp brown sugar, and more cinnamon. I added that to my oats along with some honey and a small drizzle more of peanut butter.




I've pushed off grocery shopping until payday so I'm making do with what we have at home. I was going to have a fish sandwich for lunch but we are out of dill relish. My attempt to make tarter sauce with pickles didn't taste good. Plan B was a leftover black bean burger served on a lettuce wrap with pickles. On the side I had carrots and ranch dip made with 33 g light sour cream.


I sipped on a decaf Americano from Starbucks while I ran some errands.

Dinner was sort of interesting. I made 1 ½ servings of frozen spinach and mozzarella ravioli. I added in 2 oz of turkey smoked sausage and mixed it all together with some olive oil and a sprinkle of the seasoning packet that comes with the frozen ravioli. While this ravioli tastes really great, you only get a small portion for such a large amount of points. This small dish of food was 12 PPVs total. Not something I do often. If I'm eating 12 PPVs I want more food or something with more volume.


I knew I was going to a late movie and movie popcorn always sounds good. However, I had just been to a movie on Wednesday night and had popcorn. The sensible side of me told me I didn't need movie popcorn two nights in a row. I also knew enough to have dinner beforehand and not to go to the theater hungry! I was thinking I wanted something sweet so I convinced myself it was one or the other: popcorn or frozen yogurt. Frozen yogurt was less PPVs so I hit up USwirl on my way to the movie. I had the No Sugar Added Praline Pecan with fresh fruit. It was just what I was craving.



Once I got home from the movie I did some cleaning and watched some TV. I knew I would need something to eat before I headed to bed. I chopped and re-heated the last of my turkey sausages from our breakfast on Monday at LePeep (take-home leftovers), chopped up a bell pepper, and scrambled one egg and one egg white. Even though I had fruit twice already I added a chopped up apple on the side.



I was feeling snacky so I popped some popcorn in the popper with some olive oil. I had this size bowl x2.


This is a pretty accurate day of meals for a day off work. I have more flexibility when I am not at work for preparing my meals. However, sometimes it can turn into an odd bit of this and that. I could have used more veggies in my day.

No comments: