7/2/14

I'm Getting Off This Train


My WI this week was not pretty.  After two weeks of feeling unmotivated the scale is reflecting my actions.  Today I made some changes:

1.     No more self loathing

2.     No more pity party

3.     No more tight pants

I’m getting off this unhappy train!

I think I’m depressed.  I know in the past I have felt really depressed in the winter months working the graveyard shift.  However, I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced it in the summer months.  Why depressed?  Well, I came to this conclusion earlier in the week.  I was watching TV telling myself I should be out exercising but I just couldn’t make myself get out for a walk.  It was sad because it was a beautiful day with beautiful sunshine.  That should make anybody feel motivated and yet I had no desire to get out and enjoy it.

I’m not sure why exactly I feel off but I have allowed it to affect my food choices.  Since I have not tracked in two weeks it is as if PPVs don’t matter.  It has not been a free-for-all but I have said “yes” to temptations and indulgences when I am usually better at saying “no” or at the very minimum managing better.  Temptations and indulgences have their place in any diet but not in the abundance I have been consuming them.

I have had much support from my WW board buddies and I have planned out a meeting to attend on either Wednesday or Thursday for the next four weeks.  I am also going to try and enjoy exercise more.  Instead of focusing on how many miles I should walk I just want to go for a walk.  If I’m not feeling it and want to cut it short, then I will cut it short.  I need to find exercise that is more fun too.  I’m not sure if that means exploring some of the classes at the Y or just finding friends to meet for a walk-and-talk.  I like exercise that is fun and doesn’t feel like exercise.

I’m also back to tracking my food this week.  While I can take a week or two off tracking (sometimes you just aren’t feeling it) I know I need to track for that extra accountability.  I know when I am tracking my food “is it worth it” becomes much more important.  Knowledge is power.

No comments: