7/25/14

Weekly WI

Good Afternoon.

Sorry my blogs the last few days have been late. Last week was my second week in a row working a 6-day stretch. However, last week I had a few graveyard shifts and a few swing shifts. The benefit of working graveyard (going in at 8pm vs. 4pm) means you miss all the nasty evening commute traffic, i.e. crashes...lots of crashes. So by the time I got around to publishing my blog it was very late! I hope that didn't deter anybody from reading!

With that...on to a new work week. Just a 4-day stretch this week with three whole days off after it. I can't wait!

WI yesterday was a mix of what I expected and yet still hopeful. You women out there know once a month can be wacky for a woman, their hormones, and their body. Well, the week following my monthly visiter is usually the week it reflects on the scale. I've known during weight loss I would have a small loss or even a slight gain and in maintenance I usually see a spike. Obviously we never know what the scale will do so there is always a chance of squeaking by!

When I woke up yesterday afternoon my home scale showed I had gained. I was a bit bummed although a gain was expected. It was a beautiful day and temps were in the high 60s so I laced up my tennis shoes and went out for a walk. My plan was to just keep it casual and get in 4 or 5 miles. Now that the construction is finished on one side of the street there are sidewalks and it is safe to walk on that side. I can now access the neighborhood I used to walk through all the time. I headed out for my 3 mile loop and ended up walking an average of 16 minute/mile for 4 miles. Yeah! It felt good.



I had my usual breakfast of frozen potatoes cooked in olive oil with a chopped pepper added in and topped with one egg and one egg white. I also had some grapes, water, and coffee. 


Those on WW know that often we eat/drink the bare minimum before WI. I am tired of feeling starved when I go to my WW meeting and between waking up earlier, going for a walk, and a meeting time that as still three hours away I needed some real food. I was debating actually getting on the scale at my evening meeting but I dressed for it just in case.

There is nothing worse then getting on the scale and having a gain that doesn't feel deserved. However, I knew skipping the scale wasn't the right answer. I weighed-in at 185.4 with a gain of 0.8 pounds. So really, not too bad.


It was a great meeting with a stellar leader, Natalie, and I even knew a few meeting members. I hope to hit up this Thursday evening meeting for the next few weeks. I only have three weeks of graveyard left.

No comments: