7/12/14

Un-Ramped Activity

As of late my exercise has been mediocre at best. I think I am mostly just bored with the same-old same-old. I just can't seem to get energizied to exercise.

The difficult part is that I need this exercise to offset my calorie intake if I hope to have any type of loss. I could reduce my food but I don't really want to do that. The next best thing is to increase the activity. You can never cancel out a bad diet with exercise and I am not trying to do that. I just don't really want to cut my DPA. Currently I eat 30 DPA plus my 49 WPPA. To think of dropping below 30 is sad. I have good intentions of eating less WPPA but going out to dinner a few times a week can slash that idea pretty quickly.

My FitBit totals this week were actually pretty close to last week. FitBit totals are 43,665 steps and 19.39 miles. I know I didn't exercise at all last week so it is funny to see the totals similar. However, it is really low compared to the 30-something miles I used to walk in a week. What I have noticed this last week is that unless I walk for three or four miles at one time I don't even come close to hitting 10,000 steps. It is realistic to walk three or four miles a day but I just haven't felt like it.

I see friends on Facebook walking half marathons and running long distances. It does make me a bit jealous. I wish I had the drive for such long distances. I will always take pride in my ability to walk a 10K without training. I just don't feel like walking a 10K everyday. I do hope my exercise motivation returns. I also know I need to be more tough on myself and make myself do more than I currently am doing.

My plan for the next few weeks is to attend a weekly WW meeting and also attend a few evening classes at the Y. There is a Wednesday night class called Total Athletic Conditioning with Trainer Joe. He is a really fun guy and I hope group activity setting will re-motivate me. There is also the option of a few evening water aerobic classes.

In the meantime I don't want to over shadow the fact that I did exercise this week. I am trying even if it isn't that grand or that high of intensity.

Wednesday: 30 minutes on treadmill at 3.0.
Thursday: Mowed lawn and pulled weeds. It was HOT outside.
Friday: 2 miles on the treadmill for 40 minutes
Saturday: 2 miles on the treadmill with 3% and 6% incline and speeds up to 3.6.
Sunday: 2 miles walk outside. It was another HOT day.
Monday: Decided to take today off.

Tuesday: Walked two loops outside the car dealership while waiting for an oil change.

No comments: