7/11/14

On Track Food


I think from here on out I'll do an occasional “What I Ate Yesterday” post where I just show you a day's worth of food. I hate to bombard you with a while week of food and this will save me when I forget to snap food.

I have been doccumenting my food this week on our WW Buddies Facebook page. This is a FB page I set up for my close WW internet peeps where we can share more stuff, like photos, and use words that aren't restricted like on the WW message boards.

It really helped me to stay accountable this week. I was honest in taking photos of what I ate and documenting it all in my journal. This shows a very realistic week in how I eat. My goal last week was to reduce my sugar/desserts. Since I wasn't making the best food choices a few weeks ago I felt I could use a bit of a detox. After a couple of days it was a struggle. I often would fill that bit of sweetness with flavored water, chewing gum, or two dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses.

Breakfasts

I had oatmeal a few days.



Egg sandwiches a few days.




I met Kenyon for breakfast at Cracker's Barrel one morning after work. I love their granola pancakes. Since you are usually served three pancakes at a restaurant, I always take my leftovers home to freeze for a later meal.





I also took one of my turkey sausages home for later and cut around one of my egg yokes to give to Kenyon.




Restaurant pancakes toast up nicely in the toaster oven. I spread some peanut butter and drizzle some honey. Then I top it with an apple sautéed in coconut oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon.


I experimented one day and made a single serve breakfast casserole. It turned out nicely. This casserole has potatoes, chicken sausage, cheese, and egg/whites.




Snacks

My snack at work is almost always Greek yogurt and fruit. I had bought a large container of blueberries at Costco and ate on them through the week. I am loving my yogurt topped with sliced almonds.


I also had Greek yogurt mixed with peanut butter and honey. I chopped up an apple and added a few candied pecans on top.


Watermelon and cottage cheese.




Lunches/Dinners

My meals at work sort of run together between a lunch and a dinner.

Smart Ones tuna noodle with extra peas.


 Left over shredded chicken and corn cut off the cob.



 Taco salad with salsa and sour cream.



Pot roast with carrots, cabbage, potatoes, and sour cream.


Mini meat-loafs with roasted sweet potato.


 Left over pot roast with corn, peas, and green beans.



Left over pot roast turned into homemade beef stew.


Meals at home and out to eat.

Left over mini meat-loafs and green beans.


Chicken burger in a lettuce wrap.


Talapia burger on thin bun with Greek yogurt tartar sauce. Salad on the side with pear gorgonzola dressing.



 Denny's BBQ gilled chicken tacos.


I dissect them and eat it as a salad using the corn chips to dip. We shared some panckae puppies for dessert. I dipped mine in honey.




Sizzler steak, broccoli (forgot to take a photo), and salad bar. Oh and ice cream.



Other

Starbucks decaf Americao with sugar free caramel, Splenda, and cream. 


 Popcorn while seeing “Captain America 2: The Winter Solider”



 Cookie tasting for recipe experimentation.



My own popcorn popped at home. 


Lots o' watermelon.


No comments: