6/30/14

My New Best Friend


A few weeks ago while exploring our options of buying a TiVo Stream we found out that we can rent the TiVo recording devices cheaper through our cable provider.  We have had TiVo for several years now and have een paying our subscription money directly to the company.

TiVo is a digital video recorder that records TV shows much like a VCR used to back in the day.  If you don’t have a digital recorder they are pretty sweet.  You can record shows to watch at a later date and fast forward through commercials.  That is my favorite part.  You can also set the TiVo up to record your shows each season automatically.  When I am home and there is a TV show on I want to watch "in real time" I will often let the show start recording for about 20 minutes before I start watching.  That way I can still fast forward through commercials.  It is pretty sweet.

The TiVo Stream is a device that talks to your TiVo recorder and allows you to stream your show on any IOS device (iPad, iPod, iPhone).  This means I am twice a spoiled as I normally am and I can watch my TV shows anywhere in the house on my iPad mini.  I can also watch shows on the go after I download them to my iPad mini.  It is SWEET!

We have been renting the TiVo Stream this last month to see how we like it before forking over the money for one of our own.  You don’t pay a separate subscription for the Stream so buying it outright is the best deal.  The cable company charges $10 a month to use theirs.  Today Kenyon got a delivery in the mail.



Yep.  I’m spoiled.

I told Kenyon the TiVo Stream was my new best friend and it will be great to download my shows for when we travel.  He told me we could just put me in the backseat with my snacks and my iPad mini so I could watch my shows.

Isn’t he just so funny?

Ah, who am I kidding.  I totally need entertainment when we travel…and snacks!

No comments: